Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hassy H2 Shift Lens Options  (Read 15909 times)

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Hassy H2 Shift Lens Options
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 02:26:18 am »

But this wont work on an H hassy?  What i can tell from the announcement not being fluent in German

look at the announcement below.

24 and 28mm shift-lenses for 35mm with lenses from a german supplier(schneider/rodenstock?). its fabilous. if with adaptor like pc-super-angulon-what do we need more?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85901\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 03:08:58 am by MarkKay »

MarkKay

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 05:08:46 am »

By the time i had gotten this information, I had ordered the Mutar, C to H adatper, and a 40mm FLE distagon lens to try this out.  Well i am not giving up. I have a couple of ideas and finally sat downt today to try them out.. Well my C to H adapter cocking mechanisms is defective.  I am sending it back and instead of waiting for them to process, just ordered a second one.  The curiosity of how this might work is killing me right now and I just need to prove for my self ya or nay..Depending on my level of success, I may try the Zork T/S package and use my schneider digital lens. ONe way or another I will get the shift or S/T system working in an acceptable manner.  Will report back as soon as I get the replacements and the new items yet to be ordered.  OK maybe i am nuts.. but as a scientist, I need to see things for myself before throughing in th towel. OK is this makes no sense , I am falling asleep for now.. night all

Hasselblad in Sweden tried to use the PC Mutar, CF C to H adapter and a CF lens on the H2.  They told me the camera would not fire. Back to the drawing board. mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85841\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 06:28:46 am »

Be prepared to be unhappy.  A T/S lens will be the "killer application" for the H3D that Hasselblad will no doubt claim can only be implemented with the software correction capabilities built into the Hasselblad software for its MFDBs.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84640\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, except that to do the software corrections you need to know where the lens center is. Bleeding edge technology.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

MarkKay

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 11:24:25 pm »

I got it to work... I actually got the distagon 40mm lens to be fired by the Leaf digital back.  I connected the lens at the sync port to the digital back directly using the Leaf cord used to fire a manual lens.  IT WORKED.... SO now you can use the PC mutar shift on a Hassy H2 system. Mark
By the time i had gotten this information, I had ordered the Mutar, C to H adatper, and a 40mm FLE distagon lens to try this out.  Well i am not giving up. I have a couple of ideas and finally sat downt today to try them out.. Well my C to H adapter cocking mechanisms is defective.  I am sending it back and instead of waiting for them to process, just ordered a second one.  The curiosity of how this might work is killing me right now and I just need to prove for my self ya or nay..Depending on my level of success, I may try the Zork T/S package and use my schneider digital lens. ONe way or another I will get the shift or S/T system working in an acceptable manner.  Will report back as soon as I get the replacements and the new items yet to be ordered.  OK maybe i am nuts.. but as a scientist, I need to see things for myself before throughing in th towel. OK is this makes no sense , I am falling asleep for now.. night all
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

MarkKay

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 01:32:19 pm »

After all the trials and reading,I conclude there are no really good T/S options for Hasselblad H users.
 I think i am going to wait until I see what hasselblad does in relation to  T/S options during the next year. However, if they release T/S options for that only will be available for the H3D, I am going to sell all my Hassy Gear and re-consider what Canon has to offer with their 1Dsmk2 replacement next year. I am not going to stay with Hasselblad when they change their direction every couple of years. Mark

Is there any method using an adapter that will allow one to attach a third party shift lens to a hasselblad H2 body and get it to work  manually?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84526\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up