Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 & paper settings  (Read 2887 times)

serf

iPF5000 & paper settings
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:34:14 pm »

What would be the best roll paper setting to use for Epson Premium Luster or Brilliant Supreme Luster?  I used (I think) Satin Photo (240) and it seems to work OK.  Is there a better setting?

What would be the best sheet paper setting for Epson Velvet Fine Art or LumiJet Classic Velour?

Thanks.

dsmphoto

iPF5000 & paper settings
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:06:44 pm »

What would be the best roll paper setting to use for Epson Premium Luster or Brilliant Supreme Luster?  I used (I think) Satin Photo (240) and it seems to work OK.  Is there a better setting?

What would be the best sheet paper setting for Epson Velvet Fine Art or LumiJet Classic Velour?

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have used the Canon semi-gloss HW profile for Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl with good results. My dealer then did a custom profile for me for this paper, and the change was minimal. The Glossy HW pro. works also(!!). One thing that i have found with this printer as compared to my ep. 2400 is that you have to go really far afield with the profile for the results to deteriate drastically. With the 2400, the profile must be right on or its a round file print.

I had previously asked Hahn. about profiles for the ipf5000 and had my query forwarded to "the technical dept."

I queried Canon this AM as to new profiles and an estimate of "first of the year" was provided.

ericbullock

• http://www.mbsdirect.com
iPF5000 & paper settings
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:45:53 pm »

The media settings definitely have an important impact on the amount of ink applied to the paper. As a test, I've printed out a 1728 patch target on Epson Premium Luster using a few different media settings. Its pretty different, even when using the HW Semi-Gloss Photo Paper and Semi-Gloss Photo Paper. I haven't yet tried the Photo Paper Plus settings, but nailing the optimal media setting is crucial to building an effective output profile. For instance, the HW setting gave me significantly less color than the Semi_gloss Photo setting.

I look forward to more experience with this printer, but it definitely takes a bit of brute force to get decent color. The software is bloody dreadful!

-eric-

serf

iPF5000 & paper settings
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:34:41 am »

Thanks.  I'll try those.  It does seem to require a bit of (paper-wasting) experimentation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up