Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP 9180 - Line across photo  (Read 3898 times)

rjelli

HP 9180 - Line across photo
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:12:48 pm »

Hello there,

I bought an HP 9180 printer some weeks ago. I'm very happy with the print quality, except for one thing: all the photos printed with it have a small line across the complete photo, most probably due to the mechanical driving mechanism. This line is barely visible, but you can still notice it depending on the light conditions on the photo. I tried with multiple papers qualities and size, from 4x6 to A4. All of them have the same problem.

Did someone else notice this also?

Thanks,

Roland

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:42:51 pm »

Nope.  Does it line up with any of the wheels that pull the paper through the printer?

rjelli

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:37:30 pm »

Nope.  Does it line up with any of the wheels that pull the paper through the printer?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From what I can see, it's not directly aligned with any of the wheels, but it seems to be aligned with one of the small white plastic pieces that maintain the metallic plate where the wheels are.
I'll email HP support to ask if this is a known problem on some of their printers.

chilehead

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:31 pm »

You might try taking a sheet with the markings, and tracing over the mark with a pen to make it stand out.  Do this at the top edge of the paper.  Then feed the paper in through the specialty tray.  Open the top lid and have a gander at the paper down inside to see if you can find the cause of the trouble.

Hit the cancel button on the printer to eject the sheet when you are done.

-Mark

chez

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 09:13:34 pm »

Roland, this is a known problem with this printer. I'd contact HP and see if they either can fix it or replace it. I've read many other people have the exact identical problem and they sent their printers back to HP for replacement.

rjelli

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 01:27:31 am »

Roland, this is a known problem with this printer. I'd contact HP and see if they either can fix it or replace it. I've read many other people have the exact identical problem and they sent their printers back to HP for replacement.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84060\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you for the feedback, I think that I'll contact HP indeed to have it fixed or replaced. I'll keep you posted.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 12:02:12 pm »

If it's very fine it will be the traction wheels where it may be one is not turning. Try to free it up, as sending the printer back s a lot of trouble if you find which one is causing this.

rjelli

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 12:22:52 pm »

If it's very fine it will be the traction wheels where it may be one is not turning. Try to free it up, as sending the printer back s a lot of trouble if you find which one is causing this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84328\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It' very fine indeed, but it does not seem to be aligned with a wheel.

I have been in contact with HP support, they've asked me to email them a sample of the problem, so I had to make a photo of a photo to be able to email it  
I attached it to this thread. Resolution is not extra, but I had to make it small for emailing it.

More on this to follow ...

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 10:08:36 am »

It' very fine indeed, but it does not seem to be aligned with a wheel.

I have been in contact with HP support, they've asked me to email them a sample of the problem, so I had to make a photo of a photo to be able to email it   
I attached it to this thread. Resolution is not extra, but I had to make it small for emailing it.

More on this to follow ...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nope that's not pizza cutter line (s). Must be a wheel or a ridge somewhere. It's not on virgin media is it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up