Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news on the Hy6 project?  (Read 27623 times)

yaya

Any news on the Hy6 project?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 06:10:27 pm »

Here's another version of the Jenoptik-Leaf PR

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 08:37:01 pm »

I just talked to the Phase mothership. They are working with Mamiya, working with Rollei, and locked out from the H3.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
Do you know how close they will be working with Mamiya?
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

josayeruk

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 02:36:03 am »

I just talked to the Phase mothership. They are working with Mamiya, working with Rollei, and locked out from the H3.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes Edmund,

But NOT the H2.  

There is no H3!!  Why do us owners have to keep saying this?

Jo

Steve Kerman

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 01:36:05 pm »

There is no H3!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84091\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I believe that is why they are locked out from it.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »

I believe that is why they are locked out from it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is something that says H3D on the box. I konw because my dealer has the boxes.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

hubell

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 06:39:58 pm »

Can anyone tell me the advantages of an Hy6 over the current Rollei exept it is a bit smaller and has a prism finder??

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hate to rain on the Hy6 Parade, but having handled the Hy6 in NYC last week at Photo Plus, I came away singularly unimpressed with it as a camera platform, for me. It had the ergonomics of a brick in my hands. It did not feel at all like a camera that had been(or was being) designed from the ground up in this century, but rather felt to me like it was being cobbled together from the parts bin of Rollei to minimize R&D and tooling costs. I have shot with the Contax and the H series, and there is no comparison in how those cameras feel as tools. Of course, the camera I handled was only a prototype, but my understanding was that the basic physical design was not going to change from the prototype.

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 03:24:30 pm »

Please see the attached PDF for an updated press-release from Leaf and Jenoptik.

Yair
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So it seems that Leaf/Jenoptik will use Dalsa's chips in their future HY6. I'm a bit surprised at Kodak for leaving Leaf alone to use a competitor's chip. I wonder for how long.

-N

---------------------------
[a href=\"http://www.stoqq.com]http://www.stoqq.com[/url]
Nick Vasilopoulos

BrianSmith

• Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2006, 10:14:12 pm »

Why would this upset Hasselblad?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The next chips will be 48x48, try to fit that on a 645...

Personally I'd prefer, a true full-frame (56mmx42mm) 645 chip, but no one asked me.

As for the Rollei/Hy6/AFi, the body had to be built from the ground up, but it will take all the old Rollei 6000 series glass, though you might want to wait for the autofocus versions of the lenses they'll be bringing out. Consider Summer 2007 to be the earliest you'll see this thing. More like this time next year, but so far it looks very nice...

If Michael is right and Phase is joining Leaf and Sinar and is hooking up with this baby too, it's very good news for Phase users.

Brian Smith
[a href=\"http://www.briansmithphoto.com]www.briansmithphoto.com[/url]

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 12:43:36 am »

There are already some Schneider AF lenses for the Rollei.
50mm F2.8 HFT
80mm F2.8 HFT
180mm F2.8 HFT
60-140mm F4.6 HFT
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

BJL

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 12:19:10 pm »

The next chips will be 48x48, try to fit that on a 645...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85060\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you have a source for that statement?

Michael has indicated, based on contacts with both Kodak and Dalsa, that the next generation of sensors will be no larger than the current largest ones: Kodak's 49x37mm and Dalsa's 48x36mm.

Frankly, I believe that the Rollei PR department is blowing smoke with its talk about possible larger future sensors, in an attempt to make a case for staying with its anachronistic 6x6 format which everyone else has abandoned in favor of 645 and smaller.

And if sensors do get a bit larger, all recent trends suggest that they would stay with 4:3 shape, and so stay with in the 56x42.5mm of 645 format. What sensor maker would be crazy enough to design a sensor not usable with the current Hasselblad-Imacon or Mamiya (or Pentax) AF bodies and lenses, but only with Rollei based ones?

khwanaon

• http://
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:52 pm »

Do you have a source for that statement?

Michael has indicated, based on contacts with both Kodak and Dalsa, that the next generation of sensors will be no larger than the current largest ones: Kodak's 49x37mm and Dalsa's 48x36mm.

Frankly, I believe that the Rollei PR department is blowing smoke with its talk about possible larger future sensors, in an attempt to make a case for staying with its anachronistic 6x6 format which everyone else has abandoned in favor of 645 and smaller.

And if sensors do get a bit larger, all recent trends suggest that they would stay with 4:3 shape, and so stay with in the 56x42.5mm of 645 format. What sensor maker would be crazy enough to design a sensor not usable with the current Hasselblad-Imacon or Mamiya (or Pentax) AF bodies and lenses, but only with Rollei based ones?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BJL,

nobody has never said that the "rumour" of a next 48x48 chip generation comes from Rollei. I doubt they have ever said this.

Aon

oMoses

• http://www.OlegMoiseyenko.com
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 04:57:37 pm »

I hate to rain on the Hy6 Parade, but having handled the Hy6 in NYC last week at Photo Plus, I came away singularly unimpressed with it as a camera platform, for me.
Please keep in mind that the prototypes aren't even made of  the materials that will be final. These were partially mockups of  special plastic and they were simply painted. That's why they showed  so much wear at last PhotoPlus Expo . Please see my update on the final Rollei Hy6 design at this forum.
Kind regards
Oleg Moiseyenko, ASMP [url=

eronald

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 05:03:40 pm »

Please keep in mind that the prototypes aren't even made of  the materials that will be final. These were partially mockups of  special plastic and they were simply painted. That's why they showed  so much wear at last PhotoPlus Expo . Please see my update on the final Rollei Hy6 design at this forum.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just found the following link on FM, it's a pretty interestiing brochure, hope it's not redundant in thsi thread.

[a href=\"http://s_gravesen.perso.libello.com/HY6%20engl..pdf]http://s_gravesen.perso.libello.com/HY6%20engl..pdf[/url]

Edmund
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:06:33 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

kendal

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 02:17:05 am »

finally some real (no 3D) pictures, thanks!

next some bundle prices like the Rolleiflex 6008 - Sinarback Super-Digitalbundle would be nice  

BJL

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 02:52:29 pm »

nobody has never said that the "rumour" of a next 48x48 chip generation comes from Rollei.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85441\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
My comment about Rollei was only about vaguer talk of "larger sensors", not 48x48 in particular, which I think is purely a speculation by poster Brian Smith.

The "larger sensors" talk came from earlier in this thread by Edmund (eronald): "One telling remark in the latest press announcement is about "larger sensors". This will make Hasselblad very unhappy". I took that to be a reference to a press announcement from Rollei, touting the virtue of its system designed around 56x56mm ("6x6") over systems designed around 56x42.5mm ("645 format") or 49x37mm ("Hasselblad-Imacon 48mm format").

And I maintain that Hasselblad-Imacon is probably not the slightest bit worried about those fictional bigger sensors, having discussed future sensor sizes with Kodak before designing the H3.

aaanorton

• http://
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 10:34:26 pm »

And I maintain that Hasselblad-Imacon is probably not the slightest bit worried about those fictional bigger sensors, having discussed future sensor sizes with Kodak before designing the H3.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85840\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ya, cuz Hasselblad is so very communicative.

eronald

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 05:09:07 pm »

Fair warning, what I say about bigger sensors within about 2 years is speculation on my part. Although if I cited words from a press release, those words were certainly there.

I would agree that Hasselblad probably have a plan for dealing with the larger sensors. However Nikon had one too, and made a lot of money, but a lot of pros left them nevertheless.

Edmund

My comment about Rollei was only about vaguer talk of "larger sensors", not 48x48 in particular, which I think is purely a speculation by poster Brian Smith.

The "larger sensors" talk came from earlier in this thread by Edmund (eronald): "One telling remark in the latest press announcement is about "larger sensors". This will make Hasselblad very unhappy". I took that to be a reference to a press announcement from Rollei, touting the virtue of its system designed around 56x56mm ("6x6") over systems designed around 56x42.5mm ("645 format") or 49x37mm ("Hasselblad-Imacon 48mm format").

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85840\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pixmania

• http://www.candlandstudio.com
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »

So it seems that Leaf/Jenoptik will use Dalsa's chips in their future HY6. I'm a bit surprised at Kodak for leaving Leaf alone to use a competitor's chip. I wonder for how long.

-N

---------------------------
http://www.stoqq.com
Nick Vasilopoulos
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84363\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I wounder about that too. Kodak seems to be leaving Leaf alone in many ways. Just a feeling I have.  

Kevin

fcicconi

• http://www.fabriziocicconi.it
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2006, 03:07:45 pm »

Yes, I wounder about that too. Kodak seems to be leaving Leaf alone in many ways. Just a feeling I have.   

Kevin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88825\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If some camera Brand, Mamyia, rolley ecc.. will make a camera like Mamyia RZ67 Pro II I will buy it, with wide lenses
If the Digital back Will have with bigger size sensor that have the same quality of the film, or shneider, rodenstock, mamiya, will make some wide lenses with tilt and shift, I'll be happy!
I don't need a bigger size file,but a colr quality perfect, without color cast without problem to use.
Like a film. For my commercial work II'm happy with My P25 and Contax 645, but for my art work I still use Mamiya with film.  
Fabrizio

Boris_Epix

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2007, 05:24:30 am »

I have big expectations for the Hy6 and if everything comes out as I imagine I'm going to be an early adopter.

I'm currently shooting a Canon 1Ds MK2, a Canon 5D, a Hasselblad H1 with P25 back and a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II. And while the Canons are fine but far from perfect I'm really most unhappy with the Hasselblad H1 that behaves like Windows at times (remove battery to restart) and is ergonomically just not made for humans obviously.

The entire weight of the camera rests on the inner side of the thumb. How akward is that? Then every portrait/fashion/ whatever shooter has to turn around the camera all day long to shoot verticals and there's no sensible option like a vertical grip. I even prefer to handhold the RZ all day long with the lefthander grip over the Hassy. What a messy camera that should be "modern"... at 1/30 sec the H1 gives you such a bad mirrorslap that the shots have visible camerashake(or how you call that... mirrorslap-motionblur?  ).

The RZ I shot at 1/8 handholding it and got sharp pictures out of it. I mean... a 7x7 mirror should slap more than a 645 mirror... right???

The possible rotation of the back alone is going to be a gift to many Hy6 shooters in the future. Also the grip seems to be more ergonomical.

I've ordered two 1Ds MK3 already (or whatever they're going to be called) but the Hy6 could replace the Hassy H1 with the P25 very quickly.

What's wrong with todays Hasselblad anyway... making everything proprietary, slow and giving it no thought just doesn't deliver what their IMAGE would suggest. Stuff like pressing the right icon to rotate LEFT is just silly. The newest version of Flexcolor crashes at least 5 times per day whenever I use it and is dead slow. If you're using an Imacon 949 scanner with flexcolor you can't adjust the 3fff scans while the scanner is scanning. Multitasking? Multithreading? Helloooo? Any student at MIT could do better I guess... and worst of it all is the pricetag. What a joke. Hasselblad died for me with their H3D closed system move.

Btw, I don't need a bigger sensor than 645 (which would be nice...) but the revolving back would be oooooh so sweet. Over 95% of my shots are vertical.

Now if only the quality of the pixels would improve instead of only the resolution. How about a Foveon type of sensor for mediumformat backs? Or the fuji idea with two different size pixels for improved dynamic range.

Just dreaming....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up