Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news on the Hy6 project?  (Read 27621 times)

kendal

Any news on the Hy6 project?
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:59 pm »

Are there any news on the Hy6 project since photokina?

michael

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:32:14 pm »

What type of news are you looking for?

Don't expect cameras to be delivered until the second quarter of '07 at the earliest. Look for a PMA tiem frame announcement.

It now looks as if all the back makers, except of course Hasselblad, are involved.

Michael

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:42:52 pm »

What type of news are you looking for?

Don't expect cameras to be delivered until the second quarter of '07 at the earliest. Look for a PMA tiem frame announcement.

It now looks as if all the back makers, except of course Hasselblad, are involved.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Michael

Do you have news of Phase involvement ?
 One telling remark in the latest press announcement is about "larger sensors". This will make Hasselbad very unhappy, as Kodak can of course choose to upsize their sensors, if they're prepared to swallow the cost.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

michael

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:14:47 pm »

"It now looks as if all the back makers, except of course Hasselblad, are involved."

Michael

yaya

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:52:21 pm »

"It now looks as if all the back makers, except of course Hasselblad, are involved."

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please see the attached PDF for an updated press-release from Leaf and Jenoptik.

Yair

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:51:17 pm »

Please see the attached PDF for an updated press-release from Leaf and Jenoptik.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83884\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Yair

Is this going to affect the relationship with Mamiya & Leaf in the US? As they are both distrubuted by the MAC group. Or will Leaf support both camera companies since Hasselblad future developments will only support Imacon. I use my Mamiya with a Aptus 22.
Thanks Denis
montalbetticampbell.com
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

yaya

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:04:29 pm »

Hi Yair

Is this going to affect the relationship with Mamiya & Leaf in the US? As they are both distrubuted by the MAC group. Or will Leaf support both camera companies since Hasselblad future developments will only support Imacon. I use my Mamiya with a Aptus 22.
Thanks Denis
montalbetticampbell.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83891\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No it won't, at least not as long as Mamiya make camera bodies that are open for taking 3rd party digital backs.

Yair
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:05:06 pm by yaya »

Photomangreg

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:05 pm »

Michael

Do you have news of Phase involvement ?
 One telling remark in the latest press announcement is about "larger sensors". This will make Hasselbad very unhappy, as Kodak can of course choose to upsize their sensors, if they're prepared to swallow the cost.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why would this upset Hasselblad?

eronald

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 03:03:00 am »

Why would this upset Hasselblad?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83931\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Because Hasselblad have "locked down" their new design and marketing to 48x36mm and if the new sensors are larger Hasselblad will have marketing omelette all over their face.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

michael

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 07:10:53 am »

But, but, but....

The H3 is the world first "Full Frame MF DSLR". How can anything be bigger than Full Frame?  

Oh. You mean the new Hasselblad with the cropped viewfinder? Now I get it.

Michael
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:11:32 am by michael »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 10:43:42 am »

But, but, but....

The H3 is the world first "Full Frame MF DSLR". How can anything be bigger than Full Frame?   

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83955\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
And my Canon 5D is "Full Frame and a Half " (APS-C).    

Eric

Or maybe it's "Double Full Frame" (Minox.)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

James Russell

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 11:01:06 am »

But, but, but....

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83955\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I really don't understand why people are angry at Hasselblad.  Since I don't own or use there cameras maybe it just doesn't register with me, but who can blame a company for maximizing their resources?

I would do the same thing, actually I do the same thing as I don't rent my studios, or hire out my staff to others.

Hasselblad will obviously try to make their back more attractive.

If I was a Phase owner I would be less upset by hasselblad and more upset with the PR release of the Mamiya Phase hookup as regardless of sharpness, detail, lens quality, I don't think many people are that overwhelmed with the build quality of the Mamiya 645.

Still, my suggestion to anyone is not to sell their contax equipment and then not really worry about what any one company does.

JR

eronald

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:40 am »

I just talked to the Phase mothership. They are working with Mamiya, working with Rollei, and locked out from the H3.

Edmund

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 11:26:01 am »

Are there any news on the Hy6 project since photokina?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83847\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can anyone tell me the advantages of an Hy6 over the current Rollei exept it is a bit smaller and has a prism finder??

SMM
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:30:45 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

BJNY

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 11:38:04 am »

Can anyone tell me the advantages of an Hy6 over the current Rollei exept it is a bit smaller and has a prism finder??

SMM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83982\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) The fact that the latest popular Leaf & Phase digital backs will fit on the Hy6
2) non-proprietory battery
3) dampened mirror action
Guillermo

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 11:47:49 am »

Quote from: BJNY,Nov 7 2006, 04:38 PM
1) The fact that the latest popular Leaf & Phase digital backs will fit on the Hy6

If you send tham back to the factory for a re-jig (current owners)

2) non-proprietory battery

3) dampened mirror action

is that different from "Swinging mirror with pre-release facility... and pneumatic damping "
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

BJNY

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:09 pm »

MM,
I'm responding to your question what advantage the new Hy6 will have over the 6008.
AFAIK, Leaf & Phase One digital backs have not ever been available in Rollei 6008 mount, so that will be the main difference.

(With the exception of the P20, which Rollei OEM'ed by buying a whole bunch, mounting them and offering their bundle).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:23:59 pm by BJNY »
Guillermo

RicAgu

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 12:11:27 pm »

Morgan,

The Hy6 and the 6008 are night and day. THe 6008 does not have the ability to take any other back other than Sinar backs or the P20 package.  The lenses are second to none.

On Hasselblad.

I spent some time at Photoshow looking around and playing.  Hasselblads booth was a bit of an shame.  They use to have one of the biggest booths at Photoshow next to Canon and Epson.  This time they had one little glass counter all the way in the back with not much to show.

The thing about Hasselblad is that they could very easily have closed the H3 without many problems and kept the V series alive without the needs for syncing cables.  What blew me away on the V series with their digi back was that any manufacturer would have jumped to make a back for them.  The trigger that detects if the darkslide is in on all V bodies ever made is what triggers the digital V back.  This would be very simple for all makers to adapt if Hassy hadn't jumped at the H1 so hard.  The only body with a problem would have been the 553/555 series of backs and this would only effect the Leaf/Imacon backs due to their battery.  The Phase and Sinar backs would have fit with out a problem (I believe) i don't know sinar.  So Hasselblad could have very easily made it happen and kept everyone happy.  I know I would have switched from my RZ to Hassy V if it would have been cable free.  Instead I went to the H1.  Which I am sure was their plan to keep you in Hasselblad and sell new stuff.  They could be selling the V, H2 and the H3 closed.

But they could have stayed a very viable company with two systems the V and the H and given people the ability to use the 38 Biogon and other amazing V products as well as the H depending on what you worked in.  The PM45 was a great prism and I hope the Hy6 adapts one.  The Ikon could have been a great competition to the Leica M8.  I don't think it would have gotten them more customers, but it would have allowed all Hassy V people to stay in their cameras and move up slowly.  The rental market would have stayed V for a lot of people.  I still know some Asian and European shooters that prefer the V mount hassy with cables and all.

For now I am sticking with my P25 & A75 digi backs on my H1's and Power PC Macs.  I guess in about a year from now I will be looking into the Hy6 and Intel Macs.  But for now as RJ said,  It works almost bullet proof and it's fast.  I don't need to spend more time learning knew stuff, tweaking new software and reauthorizing accross four machines.

I need to be printing more books, producing more estimates, and shooting more for myself just a small tripod, a camera and body wondering around the city.

I though about getting an Intel machine just as a shoot to process station.  But what I have works well and flies.  You sometimes get caught up in all this crap.

Best of luck to all of you with your choices.  Anyone in the market for new equipment I would go with the least expensive MF system i.e. a used AFD II with a digi back on what ever mount.  Make sure that when you buy that mount you have 12 months to change mounts.  Then look at the Hy6 when it is a working machine.

Tomas Johanson

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 02:32:58 pm »

Instead I went to the H1.  Which I am sure was their plan to keep you in Hasselblad and sell new stuff.  They could be selling the V, H2 and the H3 closed.

But they could have stayed a very viable company with two systems the V and the H and given people the ability to use the 38 Biogon and other amazing V products as well as the H depending on what you worked in.  The PM45 was a great prism and I hope the Hy6 adapts one.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As you says, Hasselblad want to sell new cameras and the old are much or less gone. It´s just business.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 04:49:49 pm by Tomas »

RicAgu

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »

WHAT!?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up