Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tone Hacker v1.0: free soft to rip B&W tonings  (Read 77415 times)

rslv

Tone Hacker v1.0: free soft to rip B&W tonings
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »

I had promised myself I wouldn't register to more forums...information overflow etc.
-but I had to thank you for creating these programs!

Both programs are excellent and have great potential, I hope you will continue to develop them.

NoLight

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 06:15:33 pm »

Wow neat program!! Thanx. I was wondering if there was a way to scale the preview so I could see the whole picture. All I get is 100% scale right now. I am running 1.2.
Thanx Chaz
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:15:57 pm by NoLight »

NoLight

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 08:26:48 am »

I was wondering if there was a way to scale the preview so I could see the whole picture. All I get is 100% scale right now. I am running 1.2. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanx Chaz

Guillermo Luijk

• http://www.guillermoluijk.com
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 04:34:23 pm »

I was wondering if there was a way to scale the preview so I could see the whole picture. All I get is 100% scale right now. I am running 1.2. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Thanx Chaz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=109103\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ok ok don't panic NoLight. I was lazy to do this but finally I coded a little rescale routine just for displaying purposes (it will NOT affect curve calculation results which will take the entire image data).

You just have to double click on your image to have this 1280x900 manga girl fitted into the display area.
In the same way images smaller than the display area will be upsized to fit in it.
Aspect ratio is always kept (as in PS).

Also a new Hue (tone) histogram has been added (look on the right), to check all tones present on images.

PS: BTW as you can see the tip text is dedicated to you, thx for your interest

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 05:11:38 pm by GLuijk »

NoLight

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »

LOL now how cool is that!!!! Thanx man I love the program and thanx for the cool plug!!!!

:Ollivr

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollivr/
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2007, 05:03:30 am »

Hola! This looks really nice! Thank you very much! I will try it out very soon and if I have some useful thoughts I get back here!
Greetings
O.

mythos

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007, 04:00:26 pm »

This is a very impressive software!

It shows the best black and white conversions I ever saw.
So it is valuable even by using only the option "desaturate".

But I noticed a litte bug:
Pushing too often the option buttons, a file with a very long name will be produced, which cannot be opened, renamed or deleted. Avoiding this problem, one has to watch patiently the progress of the status announcements.
The only method to get rid of the corrupted file, is to save the intact files and then delete the whole folder with the corrupted file.

A better way would be, not to allow the program automatic saving, but to save only by explicit ordering.

P.S.:
Please excuse my bad american - I´m a "Kraut"...  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:48:56 am by mythos »
[span style='color:darkblue'][span st

sonic

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 07:48:07 am »

Hello GLuijk!

I want to report error in my instalation. I tried it on 3 computers and error is always:

Run-time  error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object

when i'm starting it.
I can see form with "let's tone" button but then window with error message pop up

Like some dll is not registred ? I have VB6 runtime files.... Please help...

Sonic

HickersonJasonC

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2007, 11:43:06 am »

I've tried to download for the last few days as well. The first download worked fine but installation gave a runtime error as another poster above mentioned. I tried again today but "pagina no encontrada."

Perhaps you're not getting many replies because most of us haven't been able to download properly.

Any ideas?

HickersonJasonC

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2007, 05:40:26 pm »

I was able to download and install and the software works great. I was able to tone a couple of images very quickly. I'll play around a bit more and see if I can export the curves to the appropriate folder in PS.

A couple of suggestions: it could be a bit more intuitive, especially the " . . . " interface; the automatic saving is not very useful as you can't point it to a specific folder (or am I missing something?).

Overall, very interesting software. Great job!

Guillermo Luijk

• http://www.guillermoluijk.com
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2007, 05:17:44 am »

I am sorry for not coming here in such a long time. Thanks all for the reported errors, I think they have already been fixed:

- The ActiveX error was due to I eliminated the Paintlib library from the installer. So users that did not have this library already installed could not run TH.
- The long names crash has also been fixed. Now a maximum length fil is allowed, truncating it if exceeded.

I recommend you to add my website (http://perso.wanadoo.es/gluijk) to your favourites as new pieces of software and improvements are continuously being applied.

Regarding TH, I have already developed a colour version to emulate tonings on colour pictures (in this case 2 pictures will be necessary, the original and the final to compare). Find some examples here: http://www.ojodigital.com/foro/showthread.php?t=134449

Original image:

With a special filter applied becomes:

If we had both them, TH-colour can compare them and obtain the curves to go from the first to the other:

Now we can apply these curves to the original to check the emulation quality:

]

Skins are not so green as in the original, but the overall emulation in one only curve works quite OK. Now these curves can be applied to any other pic.

This will improve with a new HSV mode instead of RGB is on the way. From an HSV model more calculations have to be done, but tones and saturations can be perfecly emulated (RGB encounters problems when facing contrast and tone control at the same time).

Hicker, yes, the destination folder is predeterminated by the location of the original file (for this reason I guess it will crash if images are located in a place with no write permission such as a CD hehe). This makes things much easier for me, I am not a programmer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:33:43 am by GLuijk »

yoss3145

• The harder I work the "luckier" I get.
    • Datumart.com
Re: Tone Hacker v1.0: free soft to rip B&W tonings
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »

I recommend you to add my website (http://perso.wanadoo.es/gluijk) to your favourites as new pieces of software and improvements are continuously being applied.

Checked the site out and bookmarked, very impressive, Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up