Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tone Hacker v1.0: free soft to rip B&W tonings  (Read 77393 times)

DarkPenguin

Tone Hacker v1.0: free soft to rip B&W tonings
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 09:37:21 pm »

I'd like to try it (I'd really like to try your latest work.  Although I might code that sucker myself.)  but "página no encontrada".

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 09:44:45 pm »

I've downloaded it but haven't had time to play with it.  Nonetheless, I do appreciate the work you put into it!

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85301\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Me too. Other projects are taking my time right now, but I will try it soon and give some feedback.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jann Lipka

• http://www.lipka.se
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 02:22:46 am »

"página no encontrada" on both links
today 15 november too .
No way to download it .

erwin bosman

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 03:28:26 am »

looks marvelous !

but I still have problems downloading it !
would you mind sending it to my address at : photo.erwin@gmail.com

thanks !

erwin

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:52 am »

I was very impressed with your first programme. Feedback above.
And then you knock this up!
Can you design a Photoshop rival by Christmas too?  
I'd certainly like to try this other programme too.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

mrunderhill

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 10:47:58 am »

The first post has been editted with a new download link for both tools

I have just downloaded both tools and will hopefully have a play on the weekend and get you some feedback asap

dmcginlay

• http://
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 06:41:33 am »

Great program for toning!

I have use the analysis and tone features, but how do you apply PS curve files (ACV) in PS, I've never done that before?

Thanks,

Don

Guillermo Luijk

• http://www.guillermoluijk.com
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 10:45:07 am »

Great program for toning!

I have use the analysis and tone features, but how do you apply PS curve files (ACV) in PS, I've never done that before?

Thanks,

Don
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86142\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi dmcginlay! that's simple: once you have saved your .acv file, go to PS, load your pure B&W image to tone, and choose: Adjust->Curves. A window will pop up where you can 'Load' (I guess these should be the terms in the English version). There you have simply to provide that .acv curve file, you will instantly see the results applied to your B&W picture.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:18:21 pm by GLuijk »

kenpas

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 04:27:25 pm »

Hello! I just downloaded the program and gave it a go. It really works great. I tried if Photoshop's Match Color function gives anything similar and it doesn't. Tone Hacker works better.

Below is an example of tone hacking using the same rose picture seen in this thread. Both images could be tweaked a little better, but toning works.

First original:

Then toned:

Guillermo Luijk

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 06:38:11 am »

Hello! I just downloaded the program and gave it a go. It really works great. I tried if Photoshop's Match Color function gives anything similar and it doesn't. Tone Hacker works better.

Nice example kenpas. Thank you for your feeback and time, hope you find Tone Hacker useful.

miguel.jf

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 04:44:42 am »

I've tried tone hacker for a while and it works sweet for me.
Gracias Guillermo!  

VFTT

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 03:39:35 pm »

Great work!  I downloaded a copy and it only took me minutes to get curves from a shot I liked on photo.net and apply them to one of my shots:

Very cool.  Thanks for posting this.  Surprised there isn't more buzz about this yet.  I registered on this forum just to post this thank you.

Thanks

- d

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 05:07:10 pm »

Att: [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']GLuijk[/span]

When will this software be available on Mac? and if this in fact is a PC software,
could it be installed on intel Mac and run from Mac eventually?

I agree, it is very thoughtful idea.

Regards
Danijela

Guillermo Luijk

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 05:27:39 pm »

Att: [span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']GLuijk[/span]When will this software be available on Mac? and if this in fact is a PC software,
could it be installed on intel Mac and run from Mac eventually?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=101992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hehe, as soon as Apple provides me with a nice iBook

TH has been installed on Macs running without problems:

running over Windows under Parallels in coherence mode, 100% integrated on OSX. Windows is installed in a HD partition using boot camp.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 05:30:09 pm by GLuijk »

Richard Marcellus

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 09:23:07 pm »

Thanks GLuijk,

Tone Hacker is a really neat piece of work.

Richard

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:38 am »

hehe, as soon as Apple provides me with a nice iBook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Did you talk to Mac? for them to adopt your software as addition to their line of software’s, they'll be ready to cash you much more then just a little monster Mac.

Perhaps even better, go straight to Adobe and enjoy the ride.

I just hope you do it with the professional assistance of N.Y. or L.A. Agents, they are Sharks but they'll get you on board.

[span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\']Perhaps, addition to their future upgrade of Adobe Lightroom. Remember, it's good timing![/span]

TH has been installed on Macs running without problems:

running over Windows under Parallels in coherence mode, 100% integrated on OSX. Windows is installed in a HD partition using boot camp.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's awesome, thank you very much.

Regards
Danijela
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:09:59 am by Danijela D. Karic »

Guillermo Luijk

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 04:28:41 am »

Did you talk to Mac? for them to adopt your software as addition to their line of software’s, they'll be ready to cash you much more then just a little monster Mac.

Perhaps even better, go straight to Adobe and enjoy the ride.

I just hope you do it with the professional assistance of N.Y. or L.A. Agents, they are Sharks but they'll get you on board.

cool idea Danijela hehe. Any volunteer?

Just kidding. I don't thik this simple tool is worth the move and anyway I think I already have money enough to live happily. So I'd rather give this tool for free to anyone who can find it useful.

Thanks.

andybuk99

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 08:46:21 am »

Just kidding. I don't thik this simple tool is worth the move and anyway I think I already have money enough to live happily. So I'd rather give this tool for free to anyone who can find it useful.

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=102541\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is refreshing to hear  
Its nice that there are still some people that do things for the love of it and not just for money.

Danijela D. Karic

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 01:46:44 am »

If you send your question at the right place, there will be plenty of them to assist.

Just kidding. I don't thik this simple tool is worth the move
The fact remains, your simple tool as you like to call it, is an excellent & very, very useful tool.

and anyway I think I already have money enough to live happily. So I'd rather give this tool for free to anyone who can find it useful.

Thanks.
In deed, it is a very noble thing to do. However, it is not about the money only, it is about the idea that could be improved and raised at the different level. You perhaps will be happy to write it the way it is and leave it at that, on the other hand you have talented people such as your self that will bring this simple tool as you call it along with you on a totally different level. Weather it is free or not, if it is part of the Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. It is just a nice and practical way. Now, with regards of you having enough money is a beautiful & convenient position, but nevertheless your future ideas could be supported with the funds you receive from your tools. At the end, we have the tool free of charge thanks to you, but eventually somebody along the way will replace it, and I am in  favor of the original creator, that’s all.

Regards
Danijela

Guillermo Luijk

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:59 am »

If you send your question at the right place, there will be plenty of them to assist.
The fact remains, your simple tool as you like to call it, is an excellent & very, very useful tool.
In deed, it is a very noble thing to do. However, it is not about the money only, it is about the idea that could be improved and raised at the different level. You perhaps will be happy to write it the way it is and leave it at that, on the other hand you have talented people such as your self that will bring this simple tool as you call it along with you on a totally different level. Weather it is free or not, if it is part of the Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. It is just a nice and practical way. Now, with regards of you having enough money is a beautiful & convenient position, but nevertheless your future ideas could be supported with the funds you receive from your tools. At the end, we have the tool free of charge thanks to you, but eventually somebody along the way will replace it, and I am in  favor of the original creator, that’s all.

Regards
Danijela
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

oh that's a good point indeed. I am opened to any kind of collaboration. In fact I sent an email to Adobe's website, not to sell them my tool, but to give them the idea of it being put into future PS versions.

Thanks a lot for taking your time on these comments Danijela. And sorry for the delay; I just come to the Luminous from time to time to find out what's going on.

I am indeed planning to enhance Tone Hacker with HSV curves. Coming soon...

PS: on the last version (1.1) which can now be downloaded, I put a couple of useless digital effects into it, just to play not to mean anything useful. If wanna try just donwload it.

A demostration of these effects can be found here:

[a href=\"http://www.ojodigital.com/foro/showthread.php?t=126269]http://www.ojodigital.com/foro/showthread.php?t=126269[/url]

EXPLODE: random pixels explosion. Radius explosion selectable:

Original image

MOSAIC FUSION: fusion of two images forming a mosaic of selectable width:

The images were these:
Image 1
Image 2

INTERLACE: vertical or horizontal interlacing with selectable width and displacement:

Original image

PS DARKEN/CLEARING FUSION MODE: this was a request from another forum user. He wanted to be able to perform something like PS Darken/Bright layer modes; which select for each pixel the darkest/brightest of two layers, but in this case for any luminance value. I mean, not only to pick up the pixel closer to 0 or to 255 level, but the one closer to any selectable value ranging from 0 to 255. The example below show the fusion of 2 images selecting pixels closer to 127-level. The result is not pleasant, but it is not used as is. In fact is a part of more complicated processings.

The images were these:
Image 1
Image 2

Best regards.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:30:16 pm by GLuijk »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up