Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this a collector's item?  (Read 2317 times)

D. King

Is this a collector's item?
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:12:22 pm »

I have a Nikon F Photomic I bought in Japan in the early 60's.  It's so old it doesn't have a through the lens meter but rather a light meter fixed on top which allows you to adjust the F stop with a mechanical connector.

I have the original leather Nikon camera box with compartments, four lenses from a 50 to a 300 (with their own leather cases) , filters and a bunch of other doodads from that era.  

The camera works (not that anyone would want to use it) and the lenses are in prime condition.

I'm thinking this stuff may be of on the collectors market.   Any thoughts as to where to research this?

Thanks.

indianavince

• http://www.vincentseye.com
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 09:27:22 pm »

Are the lenses all Nikon/Nikkor?  Heck lot's of people would still use this.... including me!
Values will be all over the place depending on item, condition, and storage conditions.
Some low # nikon stuff is worth crazy bucks.
Often the very old Nikon literature or boxes can be worth more than the actual camera.
If this is very old stuff check out the Nikon Historical folks... google them! CameraQuest is another good place to look.
Nearly mint Nikon gear is not that rare. I live in a university town and a lot of the 1960's and 1970's Nikons show up with little use that were purchased by professors for that "big trip" then not used much after.

D. King

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:44:04 pm »

Are the lenses all Nikon/Nikkor?  Heck lot's of people would still use this.... including me!
Values will be all over the place depending on item, condition, and storage conditions.
Some low # nikon stuff is worth crazy bucks.
Often the very old Nikon literature or boxes can be worth more than the actual camera.
If this is very old stuff check out the Nikon Historical folks... google them! CameraQuest is another good place to look.
Nearly mint Nikon gear is not that rare. I live in a university town and a lot of the 1960's and 1970's Nikons show up with little use that were purchased by professors for that "big trip" then not used much after.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, they're Nikkor.  Thanks for the info.  I'll do the google thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up