Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop CS2 problems  (Read 11821 times)

KSG Find Anawers

Adobe Photoshop CS2 problems
« on: November 01, 2006, 09:15:02 pm »

I've got software Problems Big time, I don't know if these problems are caused by Windows XP Microsoft XP Pro 2003, the Adobe Photoshop CS2 or all of them somehow. I have beed dealing with MS for months now without resolve, MS sent an email in the middle of all this admitting they have problems within their W-XP home 2002 and O-XP Pro 2003. The software issues have gone on for several months now. I have been stood-up a number of times by MS support call back appointments, tonight is the 9th. I have spoken with the MS techs from stage one up to their research department. They have lied, insulted me, told me to get it right; I had it right, MS made the mistake on their end. I was even told there was nothing with my system. I took my PC's in to check their Hard drives, ware.I've lost a lot of money because of all this, I guess a lot of people have with similar problems. I have automatic up-dates. I do not have a virus, spyware, etc.
PLease bare with me, last night was my first try at using a forum to find help. I need to thank each of you, ahead of time, for your help. I have not learned my way around yet. I have not learned how to reply to your comments, I couldn't figure out how to correct my log in name I have vision problems and Dyslexia too. Darlene

Mike Boden

• http://www.mikeboden.com
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:00:07 pm »

Ummmmm....okay.....so what's the actual problem? Are you actually asking for help?
Mike Boden - www.mikeboden.com
Instagram

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 06:48:50 am »

Ummmmm....okay.....so what's the actual problem? Are you actually asking for help?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes I am, in simple terms please. Does anyone know which of these softwares might cause numerious problems on a PC? HP Palivion a1034n; Bought 5-06. I've tried a Xerox solid ink, it could not print lighter colors would leave v tiny specks. I was told the media was the problem, if so then why did I have the same result on all media's? I now wonder if the print issue was due to problems within one of the softwares I listed. Hours on Ph with each have only caused the issues to increase. I am not PC or Software savy. But I have learned large company policys stinks!
Does anyone know how to reach someone higher up in Microsoft? Thanks again Darlene

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 08:16:19 am »

Magic 8-ball says......ask again later.

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:08:04 am »

Magic 8-ball says......ask again later.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How many times does a question need to be ask on a forum? I have already ask Microsoft, Office, Adobe, for several months haven't gotten anywhere I need to know how to reach someone higher up in Microsoft that has the power to get problems taken care of. This is not a game, this is real. Darlene

kaelaria

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:04:25 am »

Well, let's see...for starters, you have not given anywhere NEAR a description of what the hell you are having a problem with.  All you have done is bitch about Windows, Office and your computer apperantly.  Second of all, This is a Photography forum, not Microsoft or HP.  Third, your attitude sucks and I dount you'll ever get much help starting off like that.

So if you really want some help, detail EXACTLY what you have a problem with, don't just go off on a general rant about a product, and maybe you'll get your answer(s).  If you are incapable of giving a detailed description, don't bother - get someone that is.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:04:43 am by kaelaria »

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:32 am »

Well, let's see...for starters, you have not given anywhere NEAR a description of what the hell you are having a problem with.  All you have done is bitch about Windows, Office and your computer apperantly.  Second of all, This is a Photography forum, not Microsoft or HP.  Third, your attitude sucks and I dount you'll ever get much help starting off like that.

So if you really want some help, detail EXACTLY what you have a problem with, don't just go off on a general rant about a product, and maybe you'll get your answer(s).  If you are incapable of giving a detailed description, don't bother - get someone that is.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83376\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sir, some of us are not PC, forum savvy! Some are trying hard to learn. You must be having a difficult day.  I was not bitching, I was trying to explain the horriffic difficulties with one or two, maybe all of these companies, How could a problem be resolved without knowing PC, Software issues with all? MS has admitted difficulties within their software only after months of effort, lost money, etc forgive those that view life as an adventure even with put downs. Sir I was searching for help, not trying to set some one off.Darlene

kaelaria

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:19 am »

Good luck!

Paul Sumi

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 03:11:06 pm »

Darlene,

We understand that you are having problems with your computer.  Unless you can give specific examples of what is going wrong, no one can help you.  Are you having problems with your printer?  That's the only fairly specific example you've given.

Where do you live?  If you reside near a major metropolitan area, there are probably computer consultants or computer stores with repair departments who might be able to help you.

Paul

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83327\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mike, It appears one the software(s) or more possibily all installed on my PC are not working correctly, or together. is a conflick somehow. I have been passed from the HP for the PC, to  one software company after another with MS, finally stating they had issues with in windows home XP 2002 and Office XP Pro 2003. Thus far I haven't gotten too far past their insults, lies, and MS failing to keep a number of their research department call back appointments I have made with them to try and get these issues taken care of. I think most of the problems might stem from Windows, MS. I think that Adobe, bridge etc also has issues becasue once when adobe bridge sent an automatic update; my system developed new problems for example, when I installed some of my new photos they tinstantly vannished, Adobe said it had nothing to do with them, then when I ask why does (cannot recall my question) the Adobe tech then led me through my PC and we finally found my photos. I have transfered photos for quite some time without ever having problems. I take a lot of photos, My intentions were to print them on Greeting cards. so far only head aches and insults. Like I said earilier my old system never gave me any issues. I thought I was doing the right thing by
up-grading software(s) and the PC's.
My system is pretty good one intel 4 processer with HT Technology GB Ram Memory, 200 GB 7200 RPM serial  ATA hard drive. I have spent a lot of money on the PC and all of the above softwares, I have not installed my Macromedia and a few other software(s) because of the problems mentioned above. I do not know which company is totally responceable for these issues. I have put too much money into everything; not be able to use them as a whole group without these problems. My knowledge is limited with most of PC, Software etc. I have a couple of disabilities that make it difficult to read, spell and recall terms on the spot. I appreaciate any information you can give me. Darlene

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 03:55:36 pm »

Darlene,

We understand that you are having problems with your computer.  Unless you can give specific examples of what is going wrong, no one can help you.  Are you having problems with your printer?  That's the only fairly specific example you've given.

Where do you live?  If you reside near a major metropolitan area, there are probably computer consultants or computer stores with repair departments who might be able to help you.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sir I have taken the PC's in, they said there is nothing wrong with the hardware, I had two PC techs come, they could not find the proiblems. Out more money without resolve. It seems that my whole system is warring against each other something is off, sometimes it says there is not enough menory, or it states sorry but windows needs to close. or when I put a eBay cd in it states reset the resolution, sometimes the same windows that come up are different, even when I do the same thing hours later or the next day. Some things sparatic issues. One of my cards within Publisher, opens one (an older version, same card) opens then instantly it opens with the final draft of that card. I have not been able to change most of the cards to the Adobe suit yet too many other problems need to be taken care of, so I know what ever I do does not cause more issues. Sir there are so many things going on I honestly do not know where to begin, or really where it ends. the PC has been totally reformated two different times without resolve. I have AVG for office that I hope to set-up later the avg has stated there are no problems.  Darlene

ssjadway

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 04:06:58 pm »

I've got software Problems Big time, I don't know if these problems are caused by Windows XP Microsoft XP Pro 2003, the Adobe Photoshop CS2 or all of them somehow. I have beed dealing with MS for months now without resolve, MS sent an email in the middle of all this admitting they have problems within their W-XP home 2002 and O-XP Pro 2003. The software issues have gone on for several months now. I have been stood-up a number of times by MS support call back appointments, tonight is the 9th. I have spoken with the MS techs from stage one up to their research department. They have lied, insulted me, told me to get it right; I had it right, MS made the mistake on their end. I was even told there was nothing with my system. I took my PC's in to check their Hard drives, ware.I've lost a lot of money because of all this, I guess a lot of people have with similar problems. I have automatic up-dates. I do not have a virus, spyware, etc.
PLease bare with me, last night was my first try at using a forum to find help. I need to thank each of you, ahead of time, for your help. I have not learned my way around yet. I have not learned how to reply to your comments, I couldn't figure out how to correct my log in name I have vision problems and Dyslexia too. Darlene
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I note you say you DON'T have virus protection or spyware protection.....could this be the source of your problems....?

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 04:28:15 pm »

I note you say you DON'T have virus protection or spyware protection.....could this be the source of your problems....?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83424\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I do have AVG, for an office set-up. It states there are no problems. Darlene

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 08:16:50 pm »

OK, I've got a simple answer that will work.

Backup your system!

FORMAT your drive and reinstall WinXP.  Then slowly re-install each application until you find the problem again.... if it does occur again.

Formatting and re-installing WinXP and all the applications is a very common practice to solve problems that are not easily explained.  I and many others have done this with great success.... until the next update!

Cheers,
Kelly

Paul Sumi

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 08:32:50 pm »

Kelly,

I agree that this would be the logical next step and it's what I'd do, although Darlene has stated that the HD has already been reformatted twice.

I'm still wondering if there is any mal- or spyware on the computer. Antivirus apps don't catch everything and a hardware and/or software firewall is practically a necessity these days.

Paul

Backup your system!

FORMAT your drive and reinstall WinXP.  Then slowly re-install each application until you find the problem again.... if it does occur again.

Formatting and re-installing WinXP and all the applications is a very common practice to solve problems that are not easily explained.  I and many others have done this with great success.... until the next update!

Cheers,
Kelly
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed.

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:03:45 pm »

Backup your system!

FORMAT your drive and reinstall WinXP.  Then slowly re-install each application until you find the problem again.... if it does occur again.

Formatting and re-installing WinXP and all the applications is a very common practice to solve problems that are not easily explained.  I and many others have done this with great success.... until the next update!

Cheers,
Kelly
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83456\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The system has been totally reformated twice, did not work ether time, but then I installed  everything I had on the PC, instead of one software at a time. As I mentioned in my first post above MS sent me an email stating there were problems in Window XP and Office XP Pro 2003, I use both. I never had a problem on my old set-up Windows XP Pro SP1 and Office XP Pro 2002. Sence I  up grade to CS2, I dont guess I need the Office XP Pro any more adobe sp checks etc. Maybe it can take the place of Office You think I should retry to reformat again? Adding one software at a time? Thanks Darlene

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:06 pm »

Sir I have taken the PC's in, they said there is nothing wrong with the hardware, I had two PC techs come, they could not find the proiblems. Out more money without resolve. It seems that my whole system is warring against each other something is off, sometimes it says there is not enough menory, or it states sorry but windows needs to close. or when I put a eBay cd in it states reset the resolution, sometimes the same windows that come up are different, even when I do the same thing hours later or the next day. Some things sparatic issues. One of my cards within Publisher, opens one (an older version, same card) opens then instantly it opens with the final draft of that card. I have not been able to change most of the cards to the Adobe suit yet too many other problems need to be taken care of, so I know what ever I do does not cause more issues. Sir there are so many things going on I honestly do not know where to begin, or really where it ends. the PC has been totally reformated two different times without resolve. I have AVG for office that I hope to set-up later the avg has stated there are no problems.  Darlene
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83422\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Paul, how do I make sure there's no spy ware hackers, Isn't the AVG 7.5.431 suppose to take care of those type of problems? matter of fact when a complete test is run, it states a virual infection was found (this only happens when I have not deleted the cookies, and ran the disk clean-up). If this has been done before the test, the AVG states no virual infection found. I have emailed AVG about 5 times about this. Again I did not have any virius found using the AVG free virison, before I bought the AVG I now have. Thank you, for helping me. Darlene

Paul Sumi

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 12:35:57 am »

Paul, how do I make sure there's no spy ware hackers, Isn't the AVG 7.5.431 suppose to take care of those type of problems? matter of fact when a complete test is run, it states a virual infection was found (this only happens when I have not deleted the cookies, and ran the disk clean-up). If this has been done before the test, the AVG states no virual infection found. I have emailed AVG about 5 times about this. Again I did not have any virius found using the AVG free virison, before I bought the AVG I now have. Thank you, for helping me. Darlene
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not familiar with AVG (I use Norton) so I don't know what it can or cannot do.  For mal- or spyware detection try the free Spybot Search and Destroy:

[a href=\"http://www.safer-networking.org/]http://www.safer-networking.org/[/url]

Paul

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 01:28:59 am »

Darlene:

There are many possibilities, and it's really difficult to sort them out without actually sitting at the machine.

As has been suggested, I'd try downloading Spybot and running that; it will find some things that other programs have not.  It doesn't sound like a hardware issue - just so we're clear - if it's physical, it's hardware.  If it's a program, it's software.  It does SOUND like a virus or similar is mucking up your system.

Second, make sure you go to the respective websites (windowsupdate.microsoft.com, officeupdate.microsoft.com, adobe.com and hp.com) and download and install any relevant software updates, drivers or patches.  When companies fix a bug in their software, they make the fixes available but they don't tell anyone about them.  It's up to you to see what's there - usually under the Downloads or Support section.

See if that works.

Third, one thing you might try - and it's entirely dependent on your own level of comfort - is to run a selective startup.

Click on the Start button then click on Run (just below Search).  In the box that opens, where it says Open: type msconfig and click enter.

Now, every program that loads when you start Windows will be listed in here.  Ignore that for a moment.  On the 'General' tab, under Startup Selection, click the dot beside 'Selective Startup' and then uncheck all of the boxes under that.  Then shut down the computer, count to 10 slowly, and then turn it back on.  That will do what's called a 'clean boot'.  None of the possible conflicting devices will be loaded.  When the computer boots up, you may get an error message telling you it can't find something or other.  Ignore it for now.  Now try to repeat the problems you're having.  The difficulty with sporadic problems is that they never occur when you want them to.  

However, if you have NO difficulties, then go back to Start/ Run and msconfig will probably be listed there again.  Hit Enter again, and this time click on Diagnostic Startup.  Click Okay, shut down the computer once more, wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on, and try to repeat the problem.

Now, if you're still okay, you know you have a conflict in one of the programs that have loaded.

Run msconfig again, click on Normal Startup, but this time follow that by going to the tab on the right (at the top of the window) that say Startup.  This is a list of every program bit that loads with Windows.  Uncheck them all, then click Okay, then shut down, reboot, etc.  If everything works, go back and check one or two of them, starting at the top and working your way down, shutting down and rebooting each time, until you come across the one box you check that causes the problems to reappear.  IF that happens you know where your conflict lies.  Again, only you can decide your comfort level with doing this and it might not solve the problem.

It's a long process of trial and error, and you may find yourself wishing you simply reformatted your hard drive and started over.  If you do go that route, start with a clean install of Windows and then reinstall programs - one at a time - from the original CD's if possible.  Remember to go to the respective company websites and find updates, patches and new drivers where appropriate.  Don't simply reload everything from the backup you made or you'll simply return your computer to the state it was in.

And my apologies for the inappropriate comments from another earlier poster.

Good luck!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 03:36:07 am »

Darlene:

There are many possibilities, and it's really difficult to sort them out without actually sitting at the machine.

As has been suggested, I'd try downloading Spybot and running that; it will find some things that other programs have not.  It doesn't sound like a hardware issue - just so we're clear - if it's physical, it's hardware.  If it's a program, it's software.  It does SOUND like a virus or similar is mucking up your system.

Second, make sure you go to the respective websites (windowsupdate.microsoft.com, officeupdate.microsoft.com, adobe.com and hp.com) and download and install any relevant software updates, drivers or patches.  When companies fix a bug in their software, they make the fixes available but they don't tell anyone about them.  It's up to you to see what's there - usually under the Downloads or Support section.

See if that works.

Third, one thing you might try - and it's entirely dependent on your own level of comfort - is to run a selective startup.

Click on the Start button then click on Run (just below Search).  In the box that opens, where it says Open: type msconfig and click enter.

Now, every program that loads when you start Windows will be listed in here.  Ignore that for a moment.  On the 'General' tab, under Startup Selection, click the dot beside 'Selective Startup' and then uncheck all of the boxes under that.  Then shut down the computer, count to 10 slowly, and then turn it back on.  That will do what's called a 'clean boot'.  None of the possible conflicting devices will be loaded.  When the computer boots up, you may get an error message telling you it can't find something or other.  Ignore it for now.  Now try to repeat the problems you're having.  The difficulty with sporadic problems is that they never occur when you want them to. 

However, if you have NO difficulties, then go back to Start/ Run and msconfig will probably be listed there again.  Hit Enter again, and this time click on Diagnostic Startup.  Click Okay, shut down the computer once more, wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on, and try to repeat the problem.

Now, if you're still okay, you know you have a conflict in one of the programs that have loaded.

Run msconfig again, click on Normal Startup, but this time follow that by going to the tab on the right (at the top of the window) that say Startup.  This is a list of every program bit that loads with Windows.  Uncheck them all, then click Okay, then shut down, reboot, etc.  If everything works, go back and check one or two of them, starting at the top and working your way down, shutting down and rebooting each time, until you come across the one box you check that causes the problems to reappear.  IF that happens you know where your conflict lies.  Again, only you can decide your comfort level with doing this and it might not solve the problem.

It's a long process of trial and error, and you may find yourself wishing you simply reformatted your hard drive and started over.  If you do go that route, start with a clean install of Windows and then reinstall programs - one at a time - from the original CD's if possible.  Remember to go to the respective company websites and find updates, patches and new drivers where appropriate.  Don't simply reload everything from the backup you made or you'll simply return your computer to the state it was in.

And my apologies for the inappropriate comments from another earlier poster.

Good luck!

Mike.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83475\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mike, thank you so much for your extra efforts on this long drawn out situation. I ran Spyboy it said no virus  I ran Spy Dr it said 7 visus I ran ewido it said 7 virus it listed: tracking cookie. specificclick (2).tet I have a version of Norton I bought in 03 or 04 Never installed because earilier version blocked everything, would not allow me to change it. It is the whole set, don't recall the title, You think I should find it and put it on here? I used to have McAfee, it was in the news they did not update their system, so took it off. I just paid for the AVG 7.5 on Oct 16-06 I have ask for a refund from them three different times, because everyother time I run it, it says virus found the it says no virus found. How can that be, when all I did was just repeat the scan. Gridsoft I think is their co name for AGV. They act as though I have never ask for a refund, the first time I ask was on Oct 24-06. They have never replied to my request for the refund. Mike I went over all of the details listed in your advice and I looked like I could follow each step alright. I have to do something everything everyone else has done PC Tech and Software Co's etc. Please let me know about my earilier version of Norton anti virus suite (Never Installed). I have to have something that will keep this form happing again, if it is not some sort of conflick with softwarea. Thanks again!!! Darlene
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up