Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop CS2 problems  (Read 11830 times)

KSG Find Anawers

Adobe Photoshop CS2 problems
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 12:13:55 pm »

Mike, thank you so much for your extra efforts on this long drawn out situation. I ran Spyboy it said no virus  I ran Spy Dr it said 7 visus I ran ewido it said 7 virus it listed: tracking cookie. specificclick (2).tet I have a version of Norton I bought in 03 or 04 Never installed because earilier version blocked everything, would not allow me to change it. It is the whole set, don't recall the title, You think I should find it and put it on here? I used to have McAfee, it was in the news they did not update their system, so took it off. I just paid for the AVG 7.5 on Oct 16-06 I have ask for a refund from them three different times, because everyother time I run it, it says virus found the it says no virus found. How can that be, when all I did was just repeat the scan. Gridsoft I think is their co name for AGV. They act as though I have never ask for a refund, the first time I ask was on Oct 24-06. They have never replied to my request for the refund. Mike I went over all of the details listed in your advice and I looked like I could follow each step alright. I have to do something everything everyone else has done PC Tech and Software Co's etc. Please let me know about my earilier version of Norton anti virus suite (Never Installed). I have to have something that will keep this form happing again, if it is not some sort of conflick with softwarea. Thanks again!!! Darlene
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mike the AVG ran its complete test this morning it stated 7 were found, it then stated it had healed them; Does this mean that, those 7 were taken care of? I haven't had a chance to go over the system to see if past issue(s) still exist.

I have thought this over maybe I should just do the clean reformat the whole bit. Tell me how can I make sure the back-up CD's For Windows, Office, Adobe, my files etc were not contamited, when I used them to reformat, the first two times? Sorry, I am trying to make sure, so that I do not create more or repeat the same issues. Thanks Darlene

KSG Find Anawers

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 01:44:29 pm »

Just want to make sure, my last questions are known. Still learning the ropes, or trying too. Darlene

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 01:34:01 am »

I have a version of Norton I bought in 03 or 04

Darlene:

There are, on average, three or four new viruses being created EVERY day.  There are over 70,000 known viruses right now.  Therefore, an antivirus program that's 3 years old is pretty useless.  

Personally I use Norton Antivirus.  Others prefer McAfee, others prefer other programs.  There was a thread on that subject on this forum a while back.  Find one that works for you, but make sure you can update it with new virus definitions on an ongoing basis.

Mike the AVG ran its complete test this morning it stated 7 were found, it then stated it had healed them; Does this mean that, those 7 were taken care of? I haven't had a chance to go over the system to see if past issue(s) still exist.

If the antivirus says it has taken care of them they should no longer be a problem.  I'm not familiar with AVG, however.

I have thought this over maybe I should just do the clean reformat the whole bit. Tell me how can I make sure the back-up CD's For Windows, Office, Adobe, my files etc were not contamited, when I used them to reformat, the first two times? Sorry, I am trying to make sure, so that I do not create more or repeat the same issues.

If you're using the CD's that were provided by the manufacturer (Microsoft, Adobe, etc) then they'll be clean and you don't have to worry about it.  If you're using a CD that you created yourself - if you DO have a virus - then there's a possibility the CD can be contaminated.  You'd have to put the CD in the drive and use your antivirus program to scan it.

Good luck!

Mike.

P.S.  Since this thread isn't related to photography at all, if you have any more questions please send me a personal message through this board and I'll see what I can do to answer it.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up