Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP 8750 vs HP B9180  (Read 4052 times)

Gregory

• http://www.gregory.hk
HP 8750 vs HP B9180
« on: November 01, 2006, 04:52:33 am »

I've done quite a bit of research and I've pretty much decided to get the Photosmart Pro B9180. for my budget and needs, it seems to be near perfect.

the problem is that the B9180 is not available in Hong Kong even though it is available in China.

but the B9180 costs much more than the Photosmart 8750 and to me, that indicates that it's probably a better printer even though HP touts the 9-ink system used by the 8750 as being superior to the 8-ink system used by the B9180. additionally, the B9180 has a hardware calibration system builtin to keep the colours constant.

has anyone compared the two models? does anyone have an educated opinion about either of these printers?

after reading as much as I can, instinct tells me that the B9180 would be better for me than the 8750.

Hong Kong is having problems with regards to high quality printers. We can't get the iPF5000, or the Epson 3800, or the HP B9180, or apparently even the new HP Z printers!! apparently, there is no market here for professional photo printers. only a market for low cost, high reusables cost, consumer-level printers.

regards,
Gregory

P.S. I can get the B9180 via a friend who visits China on a regular basis but there's always going to be a little inconvenience with having a printer without local support or warranty so I'd like to be sure about the differences between the 8750 and the 9180 before buying one.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 04:54:43 am by Gregory »
Gregory's Blog: [url=http://www.gregory.

DarkPenguin

HP 8750 vs HP B9180
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:25:13 am »

There seems to be a lot more discussion on the HP printers over at the DPreview printer forum.  You might want to try there.  Or PM Neil Snape here.

eSBee

• http://
HP 8750 vs HP B9180
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 01:46:43 pm »

Hi Gregory,

I don't have any personal expercience or opinion about the Pro B9180.
But I did hear a lot of complaints about that printer on the local forums here.
That is enough reason for me not to buy it.

But also I know that you cannot compare one and the same printer in diffrent countries ...say a B9180 in Europe to a B9180 in Asia for example... is a diffrent printer.
Crazy.. but he same printer is never the same since they are made in diffrent factory's and for diffrent quality demands  (so I am told).

So if you are buying a printer in China... you should look for people in China to give you their experience with that printer.

Me personaly.. I would never buy a printer wich is not available in my own "neighbourhood". Because if the printer is not available... I know in advance that I it wil be to much trouble to get supllies for it ....even simple things like cartridges could be difficult to buy maybe.
I would go for the best quality that is available with reasonable effort.

Good luck.
Silvia.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 01:51:51 pm by eSBee »
Pages: [1]   Go Up