Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keh-recommended?  (Read 9247 times)

bayon

Keh-recommended?
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:37:28 pm »

Keh sold me a Like New lemon

If you are considering buying any gear from keh (ebay login name:kehoutlet), read my story first.
If you have just placed your order from them, cross your finger.

I open my story for public interest so internet shoppers can shop smart before they buy.

I bought a hasselblad 180mm CF lens from keh which was claimed as Like New, but when it arrived, it was a defective.

The plastic rear ring which can be replaced by a quick focusing ring had already broken, and the black matt coating for anti-flare function round the rim of a lens had peared off. I sent keh an email to return it for a full refund, but they direct me to contact the shipper first to decide what had happen to the package.

I did contact the shipper and they told me that there is no damage to the parcel, so it is not their responsibility to the defected item, and they did call the person in charge in keh right away and leaved a voice message about their conclusion.

After 2........... days and after I sent an email to push keh to give me a reply, they told me that as there is no damage of the package, I could not start a damage claim! Wow! That is tricky! That is not a damage claim. They sold me a lemon which they claimed as Like New. The fact is, the lens coating is defected due to aging or rough lens cleaning procedure as a repairman had told me. In their email Keh sent to me, they never touch, or mention or, ask for more details about the issue of the defective coating. They are really smart in returning email, I think! They are avoiding the issue!

As their response is pretty slow and they tried their best to avoid talking about the defective issue, their creditbility had been totally damaged by themselves.

Simply saying, I dont trust them any more. Even if they said I could return the lens to them, I wont do it, because of their attitude there is no guaranty that they will do anything good in this issue.

Well, I did learn a lesson from this. Please don't follow!

If you read a lot of positive feedbacks, please be notify that people will pay for positive feedbacks. It is too good to be true that some companies got very high reputation in the market.

Hopes my story can help.

If you need help, you can go to Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection to file your case.
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.sta...Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Yeung

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Keh-recommended?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 11:40:19 pm »

i have purchased about half a dozen high end items from KEH.  I had one issue where they mislabelled the lens and agreed to take it back. Moreover, when UPS messed up the shipment and it arrived late, KEH sent me a refund for a portion of the shipping charges.  Mark

If you are considering buying any gear from keh (ebay login name:kehoutlet), read my story first.

I open my story for public interest so internet shoppers can shop smart before they buy.

I bought a hasselblad 180mm CF lens from keh which was claimed as Like New, but when it arrived, it was a defective.

The plastic rear ring which can be replaced by a quick focusing ring had already broken, and the black matt coating for anti-flare function round the rim of a lens had peared off. I sent keh an email to return it for a full refund, but they direct me to contact the shipper first to decide what had happen to the package.

I did contact the shipper and they told me that there is no damage to the parcel, so it is not their responsibility to the defected item, and they did call the person in charge in keh right away and leaved a voice message about their conclusion.

After 2........... days and after I sent an email to push keh to give me a reply, they told me that as there is no damage of the package, I could not start a damage claim! Wow! That is tricky! That is not a damage claim. They sold me a lemon which they claimed as Like New. The fact is, the lens coating is defected due to aging or rough lens cleaning procedure as a repairman had told me. In their email Keh sent to me, they never touch, or mention or, ask for more details about the issue of the defective coating. They are really smart in returning email, I think! They are avoiding the issue!

As their response is pretty slow and they tried their best to avoid talking about the defective issue, their creditbility had been totally damaged by themselves.

Simply saying, I dont trust them any more. Even if they said I could return the lens to them, I wont do it, because of their attitude there is no guaranty that they will do anything good in this issue.

If you read a lot of positive feedbacks, please be notify that people will pay for positive feedbacks. It is too good to be true that some companies got very high reputation in the market.

Hopes my story can help.

If you need help, you can go to Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection to file your case.
Yeung
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

James Russell

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 12:12:53 am »

i have purchased about half a dozen high end items from KEH.  I had one issue where they mislabelled the lens and agreed to take it back. Moreover, when UPS messed up the shipment and it arrived late, KEH sent me a refund for a portion of the shipping charges.  Mark
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've made about 10 purchases from KEH without issue.  One 35mm Contax lens felt funny, like stiff, but nothing was wrong and it was like new, though I just put it back in the box with the sales receipt and a hand written note and they took it back and refunded my account.

I spoke to them prior to every purchase and they have always been exact in thier detail of the item(s).

Much, much better results than I have ever had from any other retailer, including Samy's and B+H.

JR
[a href=\"http://www.russellrutherford.com/]http://www.russellrutherford.com/[/url]

Sheldon N

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 12:30:46 am »

No problems with KEH here. I'd consider them the best outfit for used photography gear, better than B&H and the other big retailers by a long shot.
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
Keh-recommended?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:48:03 am »

I've bought a ton of stuff from KEH over the years and everytime I've been unhappy with an item they've taken it back with no problem. I returned a Mamiya 7 and two lenses due to me simply not liking the camera. I've always felt buying from KEH was a no risk proposition.
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

rljones

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:49:22 am »

I have bought many expensive items from KEH dating back at least 10 years (if not more), and I've had zero problems. I've always been dealt with courteously, and a couple of times when I was in a rush, they went out of their way to help me out.

-Robert

nicolaasdb

• http://
Keh-recommended?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 12:50:11 am »

Hopes my story can help.

Yeung

just dispute the charge with your creditcard company and they refurn you the money right away!

Lester

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:17:13 am »

No matter how big and how great service everyone might get, there is always one lucky dog that get the lemon.

Hopes my story can help.

Yeung
I am a old fart, over 60

bayon

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 05:27:15 am »

No matter how big and how great service everyone might get, there is always one lucky dog that get the lemon.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83175\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Keh responsed to my story in light speed! I dont believe it!

Is there anyone monitoring the internet for their comments?

I just know that some companies pay for positive feedbacks, and there are guys defending their reputation in the internet. I am afraid I know this too late.

Thanks Lester, I am the lucky dog. I should buy lottery right away!

savagegibson

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 09:48:27 am »

I've never had anything but great experiences with KEH. I've bought tons of lenses through them and a few cameras, and it has all been in great shape when it got to me. In fact I'd say that their rating system is very conservative and I'm usually pleasantly surprised at the condition of the used equipment I buy from them.

HaKeeton

Keh-recommended?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 02:39:59 pm »

I've bought and sold through KEH for years....maybe 15+. Anytime a problem arose, they resolved it quickly.

My suggestion? Call the sales number...ask for Arthur. He's the very best they have. Older (sigh....), knowledgeable, personable, AND will listen. Tell him the facts. If you have responded within their return-policy period...they will take it back. I've done it enough to know it works. But more times than not....I've been very happy with their products and their quality ratings.

In fact, I just shot a "winner" the other day with a Hassy-V 180mm from them...right AFTER shooting another "winner" with a 40mm FLE. Sometimes I struggle for months to get two-in-a-row!!!

Call Arthur...tell him Oregon-Hank sent you!

Hopes my story can help.

Yeung

indianavince

• http://www.vincentseye.com
Keh-recommended?
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:18:36 am »

Thier return policy is clear, just send it back promptly as say you are not satisfied.

I to had a shipping issue and was suprised how readily KEH refunded my overnight shipping charge when they did not get it out same day as promised... I was looking for a 50% shipping discount and I got it all without an argument.

They do drive a hard bargain in buying used stuff... I usually just do it myself on e-bay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up