Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on Cardstock  (Read 3934 times)

dmammana

• http://www.skyscapes.com
Printing on Cardstock
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »

I have 7"x10" greeting card stock that I need to print on but, for some reason I cannot get my imaging or printer software to recognize that sheet size.  And I'm not sure if I can even define a custom size.  I was told that, by feeding the stock in with the 10-inch side first, it would be able to take that size paper.

I'm using PhotoShop CS2 and an Epson Stylus Pro 4000 printer and,while I never have trouble printing on "standard" size paper that shows up in the dropdown lists, this one's driving me nuts.  

Any advice would be gratefully welcome!!    Thank you in advance!!

Dennis
Dennis Mammana
www.skyscapes.com

p.tinson

Printing on Cardstock
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57:12 am »

Dennis
In PhotoShop CS2 click on file/new and you can setup your canvas size to the size you require.
In the driver for the Pro 4000 you have the options for custom paper size, depending on wich type of operating system you are using MAC or windows, depends where you find it.
If you can tell me you operating system I will be able to direct you to the relevent place.

Peter

dmammana

• http://www.skyscapes.com
Printing on Cardstock
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:44 am »

Hi Peter--

Thank you so much for your response--this thing has been driving me batty!

I'm working with a PC; my WinXP Home and I'm using Photoshop CS2.

I have discovered, however, that there is "Paper Check" option in the printer menu--something that does not appear anywhere in the printer's manual!  By turning it "off" it keeps the printer from measuring the size of the paper and reporting that it's the "wrong size."   Fortunately the company that sold me the cardstock (www.digitalartsupply.com) just told me about this little secret that Epson's hiding from us, and I'm now able to print successfully onto the 7x10 cardstock.  

But thank you again for your response and offer to help!

Dennis
Dennis Mammana
www.skyscapes.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up