Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort of [OT] Steve Kossak DVD's  (Read 17046 times)

pbeiser

Sort of [OT] Steve Kossak DVD's
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 01:39:31 pm »

It seems as if the new Canyonlands DVD from Steve will shortly be shipping!  Good timing for Xmas presents )

http://stevekossack.com/cart/index.php?mai...1&products_id=8

Paul Sumi

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 12:53:49 am »

It seems as if the new Canyonlands DVD from Steve will shortly be shipping!  Good timing for Xmas presents )

http://stevekossack.com/cart/index.php?mai...1&products_id=8
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=88622\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just got an e-mail saying the pre-orders are shipping the middle of the coming week.

Paul

Northern Lights

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 12:06:20 pm »

Well this topic looks old, but I'll weigh in anyway.  I think the DVDs Michael and Steve did together were the best of the lot.  Before whatever happened (some kind of falling out).  Steve was able to play second fiddle very well, and Michael needs someone to play off of.  His one man band version isn't as interesting.  Some of the recent trip stories just kind of droll on when Michael is the sole star.

Steve seems to be a well intentioned photographer.  And people seem to really like him, and enjoy his workshops.  The videos he has produced, as noted, are very different from LLVJ.  Production qualities seem higher, and more glitzy (whirling menus, music, etc.).  In watching for narrative of travels and photography in a place I think they are probably more compelling (as a solo act now), than Michael's version of this style.

But, watching Steve try to explain something technical (as he tried to explain Tilt/Shift lenses on the latest Canyonlands disk), is downright comical (I don't think he has any idea how they work).  Unlike Michael and his many top seat guests on LLVJ, where there is a technical tour de force at work, I don't think technical issues are Steve's strong point.  At all.  

Again, I think the best of all this was the early videos when they worked together.  Too bad the duo split.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 01:23:48 am »

Too bad the duo split.

Totally agree - I really enjoyed the stuff they did together.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up