Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: e75 fullres. shot of Munich with 28HR lense  (Read 10660 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
e75 fullres. shot of Munich with 28HR lense
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 02:34:53 am »

I have been carefully looking at the image the performance of this lens is very good.

However on the left there are some fixed structures (fences and GSM antennas) that are somewhat blurry, these don't move with the wind.

What is causing this? The rest of the picture is really sharp and nice.

I am still wondering whether to get a setup like this. Sofar I have been able to get similarly sharp shots with lesser systems. The advantage of this setup would be to get it in 1 shot.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82920\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i think three things_: 1.some GSM antennas are very fine structured and cannot be resolved.
2. little sharpening artefacts, amplified by jpeg compression, although 11 is pretty good.

yes i made also excellent shots in stitching two or three images with my 1ds2 and the zoerk shift adapter or with my olympus24pc,- esp. some pentax 645 mf lenses ( here at 1. the 35af ) are excellent for that.
but its different if you work in one shot or in two or three, because the subject beceomes very abstract abstract. also the DR and the colors come out a lot easier with the mf solutions.
and its a lot of more work with 35mm. if you do that occasional it might be fine, if yoou do it regurarly it will be very time consumptive and therefore expensive...
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 02:49:15 am »

i think three things_: 1.some GSM antennas are very fine structured and cannot be resolved.
2. little sharpening artefacts, amplified by jpeg compression, although 11 is pretty good.

yes i made also excellent shots in stitching two or three images with my 1ds2 and the zoerk shift adapter or with my olympus24pc,- esp. some pentax 645 mf lenses ( here at 1. the 35af ) are excellent for that.
but its different if you work in one shot or in two or three, because the subject beceomes very abstract abstract. also the DR and the colors come out a lot easier with the mf solutions.
and its a lot of more work with 35mm. if you do that occasional it might be fine, if yoou do it regurarly it will be very time consumptive and therefore expensive...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83001\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have to agree with Rainer about stitching with the 5D or 1Ds.
I never got around doing it myself and I'm now opting for the MFDB route as well.
That 28 HR is an awesome lens and is certainly wide enough for my still of shooting.
Can't wait to get my e-75 next year!
Cheers,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 03:10:08 am »

I never got around doing it myself and I'm now opting for the MFDB route as well.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Maybe you should try before parting with the cash ?

I think stitching is the underrated bit of digital photography - no doubt equal quality can be achieved

However for a commercial shooter under time pressure or a shooter shooting moving subjects this lens looks like the don to me -maybe not to the peeping fraternity

It would be nice to see something were we can see how wide it actually is - a tight interior (bathroom) or a 'joke portrait' - big head tiny feet

SMM
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 03:17:39 am »

Who says I stitch with those?  

I use a Valeo11 which has the same DR and bitdepth in color as newer and larger MFDB's. It is a 24x36 chip.

It is less than newer bigger sensors in regard with ISO quality (besides the obvious other things like resolution). It has a workflow which is not particularly handy. These things made upgrade to a 17mp.

I rarely need larger than that. And stitching is not that time consuming when you get the hang of it.  

Don't get me wrong. I would have loved to get the 39MP multishot Imacon, the Aptus65, the P30 or the Sinar75 but not investing in these keeps my costs & depreciation substantially lower. This way I can continue to work the way I like and sometimes say no to things.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:21:12 am by Dustbak »

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 03:30:22 am »

Quote from: Dustbak,Oct 31 2006, 03:17 AM
This way I can continue to work the way I like and sometimes say no to things.

Hi I think we would all like to say NO sometimes. All this expensive equipment and huge overheads makes it very difficult.
Thanks Ivan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up