Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIFF Corruption. Please Help!  (Read 3422 times)

wrose

TIFF Corruption. Please Help!
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:11:13 pm »

I have shot using a P25 with CaptureOne Pro and DB for the last year without any file issues. Then, last week I was working in DB on a friend's Powerbook. I shot all day and the files would continue to function properly. Now a week later, after having transfered the files to my own Imac G5, the sessions will not load. And not all of them, only 4 of 12 are unable to open. I have attempted to open them in other image software. I have tried renaming the files and session. I have dumped them individually into new folders. And still, when I attempt to add the session, I receive a prompt reading: "Could not open the selected session file. Possible reasons include the file being unreadable or having an invalid format."

When I access the folders in Finder, the images are present, but only the generic Preview thumbnails are there. I have also tried opening each individual file in C1. The file loads and creates a blank box in the thumbnail menu, but will not open.

I would be extremely grateful for any help anyone can provide.

Thank you.

cescx

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:23 pm »

Bad situation. ...  

1.-if is possible to read the files in the previous powerbook, transfer the files again.

2.'if is not possible and the files are erased from the previous,  essay to open in "brute" from photoshop, probably, the size is the same in all of the files.

3.-It is possible to repair files utilizing symantec tools, test this also.
Francesc Costa

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:38:03 pm »

I probably am missing something here,

Did you convert the raw files in Capture One to the Tiff file that photoshop would save.  (the confusing part is that Phase one files are named .tiff also).

If you converted to photoshop tiff (or whatever software you use after Capture One)  you should be able to copy them over.

Maybe more information can lead us to the problem.

As you probably already know.  Not too many other programs, other than Capture One, will open the Phase One  RAW files.

wrose

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:50:52 pm »

NO, they are RAW CaptureOne files. The unfortunate thing is that the owner of the powerbook to which I was shooting cleaned the desktop a couple of days after the shoot, before I had run into this problem. Thus, backup files are not available.

I appreciate the suggestions. I'm trying everything I can think of.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 06:24:23 pm »

Have you tried creating a new session from scratch and then dropping the RAWs into the new capture folder in the new session?

cescx

• http://
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:21:27 am »

Try tehe recover data soft, like this:

http://www.stellarinfo.com/mac-data-recovery.htm

I work with a old v. of norton utilities, but is not avaliable from Norton.
Francesc Costa
Pages: [1]   Go Up