Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor comparison  (Read 2040 times)

rwg

Monitor comparison
« on: October 23, 2006, 10:58:18 am »

I’m about to buy a new monitor and after much research and reading the posts on this forum I have narrowed it down to the following:

1.   NEC Multisync LCD 2090UXi
2.   NEC Multisync LCD 2070NX

I know that these are both S-IPS have excellent specs (almost identical) and have gotten good reviews from users as well as from several technical review sites.  Before I jump in I would like to get some practical advice about the real world use.  Especially since the 2090 is 2 or 3 times the price of the 2070.  I’m not a pro so I probably don’t need every last drop of color control perfection but I do want to be able to color calibrate it.  I do need this to be very good for photo editing and retouching but also for day to day use for general office type work etc.  

So, is the 12 bit LUT and the 12 bit gamma correction really worth the price difference and can I get the performance from the 2070 if it is properly calibrated and can I calibrate it properly without the advantage of these?  What else may I be missing?

Your perspective as always will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

jani

• Øyet
Monitor comparison
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:47 pm »

I suggest you try checking the forum for older threads, which may have discussed this already.

See, for instance, this thread.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up