Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re: Automating uploading to online photo service..  (Read 2039 times)

m021478

re: Automating uploading to online photo service..
« on: October 23, 2006, 01:18:31 am »

I am in search of a Windows XP compatible means of automating the process of copying digital photographs off of a compact flash card to a specified folder on my computer, and then subsequently uploading those photos to an online photo service for sharing and printing...ideally via Shutterfly.

My goal here is to find something that could automatically do the following...upon inserting a compact flash card into my computer, some program would be automatically triggered and without needing any additioanl intervention, it would begin copying the hi-res images off the compact flash card  to a specified folder on my computer...it would then create a temporary copy of the images it just trasfered from the CF card (which would be scaled down to a specified size for uploading to the online photo service), and once the copy has been created, the lower-res temp copy of the images would then be uploaded to the online photo service (i.e. Shutterfly). After the lower-res temp copy has completed being uploaded, the temporary copy would then be deleted)...

One more catch...I often either shoot in RAW or in TIF format, so it would be ideal that when the program makes its temporary copy, that it would be able to convert the images to JPEG...

Can anyone suggest a program that could do something like what I've just mentioned?
Pages: [1]   Go Up