Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf5000 output quality  (Read 22091 times)

Verooon

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 06:11:57 pm »

Which RIP software currently already supports the Canon ?

Christophe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81474\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ONYX ProductionHouse 7.0... works great!

K.C.

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 06:31:08 pm »

ONYX ProductionHouse 7.0... works great!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And Image Print will be available by the end of November.

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 07:39:22 am »

HI Dale,

Just returned from my trip..  Printer not used for more than two weeks.  Powered it up and it did some kind of cleaning exercise on its own.  Did a nozzle check.. Perfect.. Made some prints 11x14 and 13x19 cut sheet and some 16" canvas roll.. all prints looked great.  No nozzle issues at all.  Makes me smile   .

Tony
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83148\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Tony,

Thanks very much for your previous reply and of course this one too. I've just returned to Bangkok from the Thai-Burma (Myanmar) border, so I'm just getting to some internet "work" now. Back to the States next week.

This is great news regarding your homecoming. Did you leave your printer in a sleep mode or powered completely off? I've heard that some leave it on to allow some minor maintenance routines to be run and others power it down completely.

Welcome home and thanks again.

Dale

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 09:59:21 am »

Hi Tony,

.......Did you leave your printer in a sleep mode or powered completely off? I've heard that some leave it on to allow some minor maintenance routines to be run and others power it down completely.

Welcome home and thanks again.

Dale
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83358\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Should have mentioned that normally leave the computer on and let it go into sleep mode, but for this trip I DID cut the power completely.  

T.
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 10:29:56 am »

Should have mentioned that normally leave the computer on and let it go into sleep mode, but for this trip I DID cut the power completely. 

T.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great. Thanks for the information.

Be well,

Dale

palderm

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 04:01:04 pm »

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been following some threads for a couple of weeks.

I am an architect, doing visualisations. I have used since 1998 an Epson Stylus Pro 5000, which died on me 3 weeks ago.

I was planning to replace the machine next year, since it died I will replace it a bit earlier.

As many of you I am looking at about 4 to 7 possible replacements:
A3+ sizes
1. Epson 3800
2. HP 9180

A2  sizes
3. Epson 4800
4. Canon IPF5000

A1 sizes
5. Epson 7800
6. HP Z2100 24 inch
7. HP Z3100 24 inch

For my budget I think A2 sizes are what I can afford, only A1 maybe I could afford is the HP Z2100.

Concerning the Epson 4800/7800 the Black ink problem is a major issue to me as I often swith from matte paper to glossy. I need both in one printer. Adding the Imageprint RIP is to cost expensive compared to going for othe rmachines.

However I was always very pleased about the output quality of Epson machines despite paperhandling problems, poor drivers, controller errors, print head problems. The final prints I needed where always very good, I also did larger prints on Epson 9800 outside of my office mostly on matte papers.
To me for my budget only 3 options seem available:
1. Canon IPF 5000

I am very seduced by the Canon IPF5000, but ....

Are the images really up to par in sharpness, color, saturation, etc... to the Epson 4800 ?

Are the standard papers from Canon also good ???
2. Epson 3800

If the canon is not up to par with Epson 4800 then  I tend to lean to the new Epson 3800, however I would loose A2 and the roll option ? I would be left mainly with what I had with my Epson 5000, only faster and better quality.

Will the Epson 3800 be better in quality then the 4800 or is this just marketing hype by Epson ???
3. HP Z2100

The other option would be the HP Z2100 24 inch standard version.

Advantage would be larger size, however I am very weary of print quality, why ?

I have test prints from HP 130 and 90 and they are not up to par even with my Epson 5000 in some areas, oversaturated blues etc...
What would you do ???

Still I like the Canon ?

What would you buy:
Epson 3800, Canon IPF5000 or HP Z2100

Christophe from Belgium
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

marcmccalmont

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2006, 04:22:24 pm »

The print quality (Photographic) of the iPF5000 is second to none using the 16 bit plugin.

Canon papers are easily surpassed. The best quality for the money is the Ink Jet Art papers others are better at a higher price
Fuji Pro                                (Gloss, best resolution of any paper)
Oriental FB Gloss                  (Look and feal of a darkroom print)
Innova F Gloss                      (Fine Art semi Gloss)
Innova Soft textured art         (Matt)
Hahnemuele William Turner    (Matt)

For general purpose the IJA are very white, high resolution and affordable. I find the Canon and Epson papers yellow and over priced.

Only my opinion
Marc
Marc McCalmont

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2006, 07:58:05 pm »

Oriental Museum weight fiber based gloss, how many people have used it?  Having seen it mentioned in the above reply I ordered a box to try.  Now after a bit of research I'm finding that it's hardly a new product (introduced in 2004) and carried by a handful of suppliers.  With so many people looking for the traditional air dryed F surface look you'd think we'd all have heard about it.  Those of you who use the paper please let me know your thoughts on the product.

JPrimgaard

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2006, 05:09:01 pm »

Soooo......

Did anyone get a chance to see (in person) the release of ImagePrint for the ipf5000?  Look good?

Michael, any ideas as to when you might be reviewing the software?

I'm waiting to see if an ipf5000 with ImagePrint is going to be a worthwhile trade off in size and price over an HP Z3100 24".

As I understand it, ImagePrint will not only give you a RIP, but access to profiles, negatting the need for sending out targets or doing it yourself (with the added cost and learning curve).  The HP will give you built in profiling, but A) will it be good enough, and B ) will the HP software do enough to negate the need for a RIP?

With the ipf5000's now getting dropped by $500 it should be a good $1500 (that's with the RIP) less than the Z3100 24".  Is a 7" difference going to be worth the $1500?   That's certainly going to be a different equation for each individual.

I'm on the sidelines until ImagePrint for the ipf5000 and the Z3100 are both knowns.  Can hardly wait!!!!!!  

Jake
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:11:20 pm by JPrimgaard »

K.C.

ipf5000 output quality
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 05:29:26 pm »

As I understand it, ImagePrint will not only give you a RIP, but access to profiles, negatting the need for sending out targets or doing it yourself (with the added cost and learning curve).  [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83734\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As an IP user with an Epson I can tell you that you'll get superior image quality, better ink management, very good profiles and the many other advantages of a true rip. There is no reason to believe that IP will the Canon will be anything less.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up