Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 100% CPU utilization  (Read 4658 times)

ranjans

100% CPU utilization
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:14:16 pm »

All these days I thought since its beta its giving me problems, but seeing MT videos & noticing how fast it can work made me wonder something is wrong at my end.

The moment I open LR to see library or develop module or for that matter I may just leave it doing nothing....................90-100% CPU utilization shows on the windows task manager. Deleting a file takes 2 sec, rotating does more & exporting shuts down due to overheat.

If its  my laptop problem then it may show the problem with other software too, but they all work fine, including Rawshot on same amount of files.

I am using P4 1.6 GHz, centrino with 1GB ram on XP pro
I have read other threads on this issue but could not find any solution except reinstall. I have not imported any nested shoots.

Any clue what other options can I try, now I know it works faster than its doing on my machine.

mahleu

• 500px
100% CPU utilization
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:25:04 pm »

Run some antispyware software (after updating) such as Adaware or Spybot (both are free). Also update your antivirus and scan. Defrag. Close anything you're not using and disable annoying things at startup that you don't actually use (audio tools, msn, etc). Also run a reg cleaner

ranjans

100% CPU utilization
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:31:11 pm »

Run some antispyware software (after updating) such as Adaware or Spybot (both are free). Also update your antivirus and scan. Defrag. Close anything you're not using and disable annoying things at startup that you don't actually use (audio tools, msn, etc). Also run a reg cleaner
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80890\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I should have told that in 1st post, This laptop does not get connected to web too often, but still I have AV, spybot, adware, & before posting defraged it & yes every week the reg cleaner is run.

Infact whenever I opened LR i use to shut down every thing which was in start up, but cpu 100% remains same.

Thanks for the help.

ranjans

100% CPU utilization
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:36:13 am »

Reading the adobe LR forums it seems that even with latest config of Core 2 Duo E6600 with 2GB of RAM people are still facing the same issue of 100% CPU, so I am not the only one.
I wonder what config is LR targeted to. I will try on a desktop machine & see how it works there.

rdonson

100% CPU utilization
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:58:44 pm »

Performance is a well known and well documented issue with LR on Windoze.  For some people it runs well but for a significant portion of the beta testers its dog slow.  It's dog slow for me so I just use it to learn about LR not use it in any serious way.  Adobe says that they won't address performance until just before the product ships so don't expect anything that zips until you're asked to shell out some $$$ for the 1.0 version of LR.
Regards,
Ron

John Hollenberg

100% CPU utilization
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »

Your laptop (like mine) is marginal but should be serviceable.  I am not positive, but you may want to try opening LR and leaving it open for an hour while you do something else.  Was having problems until I did this.  I think LR may be busy creating thumbnails "in the background" (quotes emphasized) and once this is done things will run a lot smoother.  Did for me.  I didn't go and create the Standard Previews in the Library module, just let LR do its thing.  If this doesn't work, create Standard Previews for your Library.  LR is now serviceable (but not great) on my 1.5 GHz celeron with 1 GB RAM.

--John

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
100% CPU utilization
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:48:03 pm »

If you have flash player installed try updating it to the latest version or removing it completely from the system. Don't know if this will help, but we have been having a lot of problems with flash recently (specifically high CPU utilisation). It's a long shot but worth a try.
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up