Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use of the IPF5000 w/Epson Papers  (Read 4168 times)

photographist

• Dancing with Light Photography
Use of the IPF5000 w/Epson Papers
« on: October 17, 2006, 11:19:11 am »

I’m ready to move on from my 2200 to either the 4800 or the IPF5000.   My favorite paper is Epson’s Ultrasmooth Fine Art, and I’m hesitant to move on from it.  Has anyone had experience in using Epson’s papers on the IPF5000 printer?  If so, any comments?  If not, what papers (Moab, Ham…, etc) exhibit the same characteristics of Ultrasmooth?

BTW... I'm currently using IP for the 2200 and would do so with the 4800.  In speaking to John, Colorbyte has indicated that they are working for an IPF500 driver for IP.

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:33:32 pm »

I have been using Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Epson enhanced matter and Epson matte heavyweight and everything is great for me. The gamut on the glossy is very wide according to PS softproofing. Basically I believe the Epson papers are very compatible based on the 3 I have experienced.
Gary

I’m ready to move on from my 2200 to either the 4800 or the IPF5000.   My favorite paper is Epson’s Ultrasmooth Fine Art, and I’m hesitant to move on from it.  Has anyone had experience in using Epson’s papers on the IPF5000 printer?  If so, any comments?  If not, what papers (Moab, Ham…, etc) exhibit the same characteristics of Ultrasmooth?

BTW... I'm currently using IP for the 2200 and would do so with the 4800.  In speaking to John, Colorbyte has indicated that they are working for an IPF500 driver for IP.

Thank you in advance for your comments!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80859\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rmarien

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 06:01:01 pm »

I have been using Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Epson enhanced matter and Epson matte heavyweight and everything is great for me. The gamut on the glossy is very wide according to PS softproofing. Basically I believe the Epson papers are very compatible based on the 3 I have experienced.
Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rmarien

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:04:26 pm »

Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What settings are you using for Epson enhanced matte on the ipf5000. Have you made custom profiles?

Bob

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 11:48:57 am »

Media set on Matte photo paper (I am using cassette feed single sheets). I have custom profile AND and I have used the supplied profile - Canon matte photo paper highest . relative colormetric - and found them to be nearly identical. Good luck
Gary

What settings are you using for Epson enhanced matte on the ipf5000. Have you made custom profiles?

Bob
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SKinsey

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 06:39:00 am »

Media set on Matte photo paper (I am using cassette feed single sheets). [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81163\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just an interesting note.  I was using the same media setting when working with sheets and getting excellent results with PFP profiles, but found that with roll EEM paper, you must use the Premium Matte setting.  When using the Matte Photo setting, the 16bit plug in doesn't see the roll and all roll options are grayed out.  

Steve

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:58:08 pm »

We always have to go our "media guide" and do our research about what settings are available for what we want to do.
Gary

Just an interesting note.  I was using the same media setting when working with sheets and getting excellent results with PFP profiles, but found that with roll EEM paper, you must use the Premium Matte setting.  When using the Matte Photo setting, the 16bit plug in doesn't see the roll and all roll options are grayed out.   

Steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up