Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment, please  (Read 11494 times)

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
Comment, please
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 11:54:10 pm »

Actually, whilst the image is quite appealing, I happen to agree with Howie on the issue of the drooping branch, lower left.

The appeal of the image lies in its symmetry and smooth flowing forms. The lower branch on the left, drooping with its dense, clumped foliage, tends to break the symmetry in a slightly disturbing manner. We have a lobsided tree in other words. This I would consider a flaw in an otherwise generally pleasing composition.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think the lower drooping branch on the left actually balances the open area of the road, and in conjunctoin with the branch on the top right and their cumulative  encapsulating arc like form, creates the structure/tunnel through which the road enters.
Julie

Ray

Comment, please
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 12:19:37 am »

I think the lower drooping branch on the left actually balances the open area of the road, and in conjunctoin with the branch on the top right and their cumulative  encapsulating arc like form, creates the structure/tunnel through which the road enters.
Julie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's true, Jule. Something is needed in that lower left part of the image to balance the open road, which is why I did not suggest removing the branch and retaking the shot. What we need there is a different shape of branch (or something else) to create greater harmony. But of course, with landscape photography you generally have to take things as they come.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up