Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horseman SWDII  (Read 7209 times)

zzzone

Horseman SWDII
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:42:18 pm »

Hi to everybody,

Should have looked at the Horseman a little closer at Photokina.  I was put off by the lack of geared movements and trusting a very expensive back on it I thought might not be so good.  I was rather rushed around Cologne and I hadn't appreciated at the time that the lens remained fixed.

A 105mm image circle with the Rodentock 35mm apo s digital lens looks an impressive specification.  Does it meet expectation with a high res back?  Also opinions on the camera body?  Comparison to the Cambo WDS?

Regards Steve

Shashinka

Horseman SWDII
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:52:54 am »

Hi to everybody,

Should have looked at the Horseman a little closer at Photokina.  I was put off by the lack of geared movements and trusting a very expensive back on it I thought might not be so good.  I was rather rushed around Cologne and I hadn't appreciated at the time that the lens remained fixed.

A 105mm image circle with the Rodentock 35mm apo s digital lens looks an impressive specification.  Does it meet expectation with a high res back?  Also opinions on the camera body?  Comparison to the Cambo WDS?

Regards Steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80313\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shashinka

Horseman SWDII
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:26:21 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82309\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about the empty post, new guy past bedtime...

I recently reviewed the Horseman SW-DII Pro for Studio Photography magazine and understand the article will be out this month.  The camera was tested with a Megavision S3 and a Hassy CFV, (Leaf could not deliver a back due to Photokina demands).  The Schneider 24mm APO-DIGITAR 24/5.6 allowed appx. 3-4 degrees of rise or fall and though the movements were not geared, operated precisely.  The camera is a well machined piece of equipment and felt good to handle, and reminded me of how sloppy a Brooks Veriwide used to be.

Surprisingly easy to setup and use, (assuming your accustomed to fully manual lenses, and without ground glass focusing. ( The ground glass from my Hassy SWC was so dark it was not worth the effort, even with a dark cloth).  All the movements are now on the rear with the lens staying stationary to allow panoramic stitching.

oscar falero

Horseman SWDII
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:27 am »

Sorry about the empty post, new guy past bedtime...

I recently reviewed the Horseman SW-DII Pro for Studio Photography magazine and understand the article will be out this month.  The camera was tested with a Megavision S3 and a Hassy CFV, (Leaf could not deliver a back due to Photokina demands).  The Schneider 24mm APO-DIGITAR 24/5.6 allowed appx. 3-4 degrees of rise or fall and though the movements were not geared, operated precisely.  The camera is a well machined piece of equipment and felt good to handle, and reminded me of how sloppy a Brooks Veriwide used to be.

Surprisingly easy to setup and use, (assuming your accustomed to fully manual lenses, and without ground glass focusing. ( The ground glass from my Hassy SWC was so dark it was not worth the effort, even with a dark cloth).  All the movements are now on the rear with the lens staying stationary to allow panoramic stitching.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82311\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

oscar falero

Horseman SWDII
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 11:57:51 am »

Do you when the Horseman will become available? And pricing info?

How do you compare it to the ALPA SWA?

I will be purchasing a WA system in the coming weeks and was interested to see how the Horseman matches up with the ALPA.

Thanks
Oscar

marcwilson

• http://www.marcwilson.co.uk
Horseman SWDII
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:53:41 pm »

you can see the robert white website in the u.k. for pricing.

marc
www.marcwilson.co.uk [url=http://www.mar
Pages: [1]   Go Up