Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Article and Video - Toy Shop  (Read 2287 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
New Article and Video - Toy Shop
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:20:23 pm »

It’s been a long time since we shared a Toy Shop video. I am happy to bring you Part One of the Newest Toy Shop as segment of our NEW On The Rocks series.  Michael Reichmann and I used to get together a couple of times a year and share some of the more interesting photo gear that we had come across.   We thus posted 3 videos aptly titled Michael and Kevin’s Toy Shop. (Links are shown in Related Articles section).  We had a lot of fun doing this and I’m happy that we are bringing back The Toy Shop with my good friends Jody Grober and Phil Gibson. Check it out HERE
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

jdriscol

Re: New Article and Video - Toy Shop
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:38:30 am »

In your first review of the Equilibrium watch you mentioned that you thought it was to large. Have your changed your mind and our you using it. I think they did have a smaller size called the Cozmo.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 12:08:17 pm »

Lots of good stuff there Kev!
 I remember those Toy Shop vids you and Michael did as well as the really early ones with Michael and Steve Kossack. Although it wasn't a toy shop vid per se, the Quattro camera one STILL cracks me up.  It's so obvious that all you guys were having such a good time.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:34:45 pm »

We are still having a good time doing these videos and especially the Toy Shop.  What photographers in his right mind wouldn't want to have all these toys to play with.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »

Regarding the Equilibrium Watch, it is big.  It's pretty cool but I'm not a big watch guy.  Michael was a watch guy and collector.  The watch took a bit to learn how to use.  Once you get it figured out it does its job.  However these days with all sorts of apps available that even give more info I find the watch to be more conversation piece.  You'd have to visit their website to see what other watches are available.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

adri

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 04:07:47 am »

Lots of good stuff there Kev!
 I remember those Toy Shop vids you and Michael did as well as the really early ones with Michael and Steve Kossack. Although it wasn't a toy shop vid per se, the Quattro camera one STILL cracks me up.  It's so obvious that all you guys were having such a good time.

Kevin promised to review the Sigma DP Quattro 0; he never did. Nor did he further review the Hasselblad X1D or the Fujifilm GFX 50S; in other words, why make promises and not follow up? The site has become a bit of a Sony fan boy site? Michael would review unique items, like the Hartblei, etc., but I don't see that so much anymore; but perhaps I am wrong on this.

Krug

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 09:35:04 am »

Oh Dear ... I am probably in a minority of one  ... but three older middle aged men drinking and giggling like three teenagers who have broken into the drinks cupboard whilst parents are out - discussing marginal photographic products and chuckling over smutty double-entendres   ... I am beginning to realize why I no longer turn every morning with joyful anticipation to Lula as I have done for some dozen years ... I suppose it may be my getting old of course  ... but like many other things in this changing world it might just possibly be the sign of something more serious and important.

Have fun of course but please focus.

At least the forums are still worth reading !
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 12:05:16 pm »

Regarding items mention not reviewed . . .

Hasselblad X1D .  https://luminous-landscape.com/hasselblad-x1d-hands-review/

Fuji GFX 50 . https://luminous-landscape.com/fuji-gfx-50s-sunday-road-trip/

DP Quatro . https://luminous-landscape.com/sigma-dp2-quattro-review/

and don't miss this one . . .  https://luminous-landscape.com/blooper-so-you-think-making-camera-review-videos-are-easy/

Right now we are putting finishing touches on Sony RX10iv, Sony 100-400mm with a9 and The Fuji X-h1 shooting in Chicago

Easy to find things by going to the search box and putting a word in the search. 

We are doing a lot of other gear to like the Light 16, RX10iv, RX100vi and the Fuhj XH1 . coming soon.

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:21 pm »

Come on Krug . . .loosen up a bit.  we are allowed to have a little fun and share some gear that you may want to check out.  Michael and I used to do this all the time and we joked around just as much.  We have just completed a number of new videos to go with articles that are being worked on.  I think you may find the Light16 article/review a bit interesting as it certainly is an odd ball kind of camera.

I think before the year is over with some of the gear rumored it will be an intereting year.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:26:37 pm by Kevin Raber »
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:31:43 pm »

Well -- God help me -- I cracked up over the "ball sack".  And I wasn't even drinking!

brianrybolt

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 04:47:53 am »

We are still having a good time doing these videos and especially the Toy Shop.  What photographers in his right mind wouldn't want to have all these toys to play with.

I feel we are watching the slow disintegration of a once wonderful, educational, an inspiring site about photography and its practitioners.  Please reign in.

David S

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 03:31:38 pm »

It was fun!

Dave S
Pages: [1]   Go Up