Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree line and the Sun  (Read 2890 times)

jeffreyluce

• http://
Tree line and the Sun
« on: October 13, 2006, 05:08:15 pm »

As the trees get closer to sun there is a shadow or casting effect.... Is there anything that I can do in photoshop to clean up the tree line? (so it looks more like the left side of the image)
Jeffrey Luce

bcachot

Tree line and the Sun
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:30:26 am »

one option would be to clone some of the treeline from the left across to the right but you would have to brighten these areas to match the glow causes by the sun. Another option would be to select the problem areas and then darken them by duplicating the selection to another layer and blending with multiply mode. Wasnt 100% clear about your question, so if this doesnt make sense, that's probably why

jeffreyluce

• http://
Tree line and the Sun
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:16:18 am »

I guess I was curious of two things...

1.) Is this something that just happens when taking photos of the sun? Do I need to just accept it?

2.) Is there was a way (in photoshop) to either lesson or get rid of the red glowing line that follows the tree line away from the sun (see new attachment)

I will try out the PS technique that you recommended.
Jeffrey Luce

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
Tree line and the Sun
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:03:10 pm »

I guess I was curious of two things...

1.) Is this something that just happens when taking photos of the sun? Do I need to just accept it?

2.) Is there was a way (in photoshop) to either lesson or get rid of the red glowing line that follows the tree line away from the sun (see new attachment)

I will try out the PS technique that you recommended.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) It does with digital -- The ring by the sun is sensor bloom and not much you can do about it when shooting into a relative bright light.  The red treeline I think is actually the brighter (and probably clipped) sky coming through the branches and creating the effect -- hard to tell in the small jpeg.  

2) Careful cloning or possibly a careful selection with hue/sat adjustment are your only options after the fact with a single image.  However, if you take two shots in the future, one exposed for the sun so it doesn't bloom, you should have a cleaner patch of treeline you could more easily blend into the main image.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:07:54 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Ben Rubinstein

Tree line and the Sun
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:47:02 pm »

Sensor blooming is a pain in the neck but this is how I fix it in PSCS2:

Duplicate the layer. On the new layer go to filter/distort/lens correction. Apply the CA correction until the red line goes in the troubled part of the image ignoring the rest of the image which might grow cyan halos. Apply a 'hide all' mask to the new layer and just paint in the troubled area using a small soft brush. Hey Presto!
Pages: [1]   Go Up