Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad medium format comparison  (Read 4587 times)

tcdeveau

Re: Hasselblad medium format comparison
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 10:20:30 am »

I'm not a marketing expert, but the thing I don't understand is why is Hasselblad doing the comparison at this time?

The H6D-100c was announced over two years ago...given the price delta between the H6D-100c and top of the line high res 35mm, they would've been better off doing the comparison at that time against a D810 or something else IMHO, instead of letting 35mm improve a generation and doing it with the D850.  If they were going to do a 35mm comparison this late in the product cycle of the H6D-100c, I don't understand why they didn't just wait for the X2D/H7D and do the comparison at that point.  I'd expect to see a greater difference in the files between the upcoming 150mp 40x54mm sensor and the D850 than the current 100mp 40x54mm sensor and the D850.   

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 10:28:00 am »

Hi Edmund,

Thanks for making the point.

I am not so sure about the electronic shutter, it has a total sweep time around 1/4 of second. That would cause problems in many cases.

Best regards
Erik

Hassy have a 100mm F2.2 fast and nice leaf shutter lens for H. So it can be done.

Everybody in the movie business now uses AF adapter rings for lenses, nobody is stopping people from using fast 35mm or Conrax lenses on the Hassy with or without AF. Due to the huge DR of the sensor, vignetting is not really an issue any more, and the electronic shutter is perfectly sufficient for everyday use.

Edmund
Erik Kaffehr

pschefz

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 02:20:37 pm »

Hassy have a 100mm F2.2 fast and nice leaf shutter lens for H. So it can be done.

Everybody in the movie business now uses AF adapter rings for lenses, nobody is stopping people from using fast 35mm or Conrax lenses on the Hassy with or without AF. Due to the huge DR of the sensor, vignetting is not really an issue any more, and the electronic shutter is perfectly sufficient for everyday use.

Edmund
even at f2.2, the X1D would not have the same back ground blur as a 1.4 lens....the sensor just isn't that much bigger...
not sure what the DR has to do with vignetting?
the electronic shutter is unusable in most everyday use but there are situations where it can be used
schefz.com
artloch.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 03:59:59 pm »

Hi,

I would think that the X1D could be used with say the Otus 85/1.4, using the electronic shutter. Vignetting may be a problem. The long sweep time may be a problem, too.

I think that the FP shutter in the GFX adds a lot of flexibility. But leaf shutters have advantages, too.

Best regards
Erik

even at f2.2, the X1D would not have the same back ground blur as a 1.4 lens....the sensor just isn't that much bigger...
not sure what the DR has to do with vignetting?
the electronic shutter is unusable in most everyday use but there are situations where it can be used
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up