Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Scottish bùrn (allt) and a landscape the colours of Tartan  (Read 794 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com

Whenever I am out with my camera, I cannot help but notice just how the colours of Tartan, were so obviously derived from the colours seen within these beautiful, but rugged ancient landscapes.

Dave

Happy to oblige gentlemen as per your requests below, so I have now toned down the 'lighter, lights' a little  ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:06:41 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

guido

Re: A Scottish bùrn (allt) and a landscape the colours of Tartan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:43:46 pm »

Beautiful image Dave! Really lovely!

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:58:50 pm »

I love the setting and composition but feel perhaps the light-lights are just a touch too bright and perhaps toning those down a hair might not add a bit more dimension to the water and sky.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

KMRennie

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 01:11:38 pm »

Nice shot Dave. I also think that it is a touch bright. I also note that the heather has not started to bloom whereas here in Cumbria (200 miles South) we have lots of heather in full bloom. Ken

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:01:50 pm »

Thanks guys  :)

I love the setting and composition but feel perhaps the light-lights are just a touch too bright and perhaps toning those down a hair might not add a bit more dimension to the water and sky.

OK Chris, your wish is my command, so I have now updated the shot above. Hope you like it  ;)

Nice shot Dave. I also think that it is a touch bright. I also note that the heather has not started to bloom whereas here in Cumbria (200 miles South) we have lots of heather in full bloom. Ken

Yes Ken the heather is now flowering on and around the island quite nicely and the wild flowers are looking quite good as well.

I took this shot a few months ago and just before the snow completely melted and the wee beasties then started to come out to play, although with the dry weather we have been having, they all seem to have died off this year, which is good!

Dave
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:05:39 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23:55 pm »

Shadows have been lifted too much, looks a little flat and lifeless.

Attached looks a little more natural to me. (Please don't tell me it's a fault of my monitor. You'd probably be right, but i like to remain ignorant about it.)
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »

Attached looks a little more natural to me. (Please don't tell me it's a fault of my monitor. You'd probably be right, but i like to remain ignorant about it.)

Excellent..!

Best laugh I have had all day  ;D ;D ;D

I agree BTW and that does look much better. Obviously I am feeling a bit washed out and lifeless at the moment, after last nights football nightmare on the telly. I think I would rather have a tooth pulled than watch any more (insert expletive of choice) football  >:(

Dave

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:26:13 pm »

I think I prefer looking at your image (the revised version) much more than I would watching football.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 05:22:26 am »

I think I prefer looking at your image (the revised version) much more than I would watching football.

Me too…

Beautiful shot with great depth and colors. The new version is a welcome improvement.
Well done.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up