Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo Graphics Monitors  (Read 15881 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Eizo Graphics Monitors
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 09:34:51 am »

The flagship line is the Color Edge series like the CG211 and CG221. These monitors are aimed at image editing. Expecting a widescreen monitor to be without light fall of in the corners really amazes me.
/Klaus
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90243\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My understanding of this issue is rather different from yours. I believe the way it was originally stated the issue is whether the monitor performs according to how it was advertised, not in relation to some other model.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Boghb

Eizo Graphics Monitors
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 03:56:59 pm »

Klaus

I have the CG221, and it is not widescreen.  

The sweetspot covers about 15% of the screen, where color is accurate.  Beyond that, color and illumination are totally off.  You need to move your image around to get accurate color and illumination on a specific spot; otherwise you cannot be sure if the magenta hue on the left side of your sky is lens cast or the monitor.

When I bought it, this was the most expensive monitor on the market.  This monitor was advertised as having been designed for color-critical graphic work, so color consistency and even illumination was implied.  However, it is far worse in that respect than any widescreen monitor I have seen.

Notably, Eizo has apparently solved this defect in their new model, but it is forcing its customers to dish out another $5000 for a new monitor.  No matter how you spin it, this is not fair business.

Sultan

Thank you for your post.  Forgive me for not publishing my full info on the net, but the name Babak will certainly ring a bell with the guys at Eizo Switzerland.

It may just be this particular affiliate, but these guys set a new standard in rudeness and bad service.  When I made a warranty claim, they simply said they won't honor it because I did not buy the monitor from them -- in clear violation of the terms of the international warranty.

At the end of the day, though, it is Eizo that pays the price.  So they need to do a better job of knowing their representatives.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Eizo Graphics Monitors
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 04:53:56 pm »

have the CE240W wide screen...phantastic image quality...compared to nec the hardware calibration won me over...the eizo is simply better then the apple, lacie was actually more expensive....i thnk the CE240W or CE210 are a very good deal, nsidering the hardware calibration...
as i am sitting here infront of the screen, it is hard to tell if the sides fall of, mostly becuase it is rather large and i actually have to turn my head to see the sides....plus that is where i keep my palettes and other stuff anyway....i don't see any colorchange or falloff....

bjarner

• http://www.bjarner.dk
Eizo Graphics Monitors
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 11:21:18 am »

Klaus

I have the CG221, and it is not widescreen. 

When I bought it, this was the most expensive monitor on the market.  This monitor was advertised as having been designed for color-critical graphic work, so color consistency and even illumination was implied.  However, it is far worse in that respect than any widescreen monitor I have seen.

Notably, Eizo has apparently solved this defect in their new model, but it is forcing its customers to dish out another $5000 for a new monitor.  No matter how you spin it, this is not fair business.

Sultan

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=90339\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi BogHD

I don't understand you and am not sure, if you are not mixing the differnt models from EIZO around. The CG221 is brand new and the top of the line, so that EIZO should have released a newer model is simply not correct. I am leaving this discussion now.

Boghb

Eizo Graphics Monitors
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 05:09:57 am »

Klaus

My mistake; my model is the ColorEdge CG220, which is the predecessor to the CG221.  

CG221 is the new release that fixed the my model's defect.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up