Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Technical Camera kit  (Read 1050 times)

Honus

• shootwideopen
Stolen Technical Camera kit
« on: July 06, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

Toward the end of an otherwise wonderful trip through Portugal and Spain, I had my photography bag stolen on Monday (July 2) while checking into Casa Mimosa Hotel in Barcelona.  I had everything in a ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro bag.  It was right behind me while I was registering and there were two staff members nearby.  When filing the police report they said they would access the security cameras and notify me of their findings (I won't hold my breath).

My technical camera kit included:
Cambo WRS-1200
Rodenstock 55mm f4.5 APO Sironar Digital (Serial# 11862075)
Phase One P45+ (Serial# DT031830)

Included was a Leica M4 (Black repaint - Serial# 1251484) and 40mm Summicron lens (Serial# 2744610).  Also included was a Fuji X100F and lots of accessories (filters, hoods, light meters, memory cards, etc.).

Should anyone come across any of these items on eBay or other sites please let me know.  Also, I will be looking to replace these items, so if anyone has equivalent gear they are selling send me a PM.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Vincent
----------------------------
Robert Vincent
www.shootwideopen.com

BAB

Re: Stolen Technical Camera kit
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 06:23:58 pm »

yep worst or one of the worst cities for theft, I would suggest finding a local cop on the beat of the hotel area your in they know who all the pick pocketers and thief's are. Maybe you can offer a reward for the return of the equipment.
Also ask the cops where they usually sell off the cameras (what stores)!

Bummer sorry to hear your story. Pisses me off!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Two23

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 12:09:24 am »

I refuse to get within 500 miles of Barcelona.  The place has a world wide reputation. :-\  Best of luck to you--I know what it feels like.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

algrove

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 01:32:15 pm »

Sorry for your loss.

As others have said that Barcelona is a city full of thieves, many of whom are unemployed males.  I was ripped off many years back when young male unemployment was hovering around 50%. The judges just fines them with a slap on the wrist and then releases these same thieves back out into society where they continue to rob unsuspecting toursists to pay off their latest theft fine. It is a never ending battle so the police tell me even though they knew who the guy was from my description.
Pages: [1]   Go Up