Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bed for the night  (Read 943 times)

stamper

A bed for the night
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:18:41 am »

Comments please

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: A bed for the night
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:28:21 am »

Now that is sad, and poignant.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:05 am »

+1  For me it goes beyond sad into morose and somewhat beyond. A very Powerful picture.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 09:06:27 am »

Did you open the "package"?

:-)

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 09:10:51 am »

I agree. However, I wonder about the B&W treatment, which seems flat and busy to me. I might try to darken the foliage a lot, the mattress a touch, and lighten the sleeping bag a bit, to provide different tonal levels that draw the eye toward the centre. I'd also try reducing the clarity of the foliage and really working the contrast inherent in the sleeping bag.

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:46 am »

I agree. However, I wonder about the B&W treatment, which seems flat and busy to me. I might try to darken the foliage a lot, the mattress a touch, and lighten the sleeping bag a bit, to provide different tonal levels that draw the eye toward the centre. I'd also try reducing the clarity of the foliage and really working the contrast inherent in the sleeping bag.

Whilst I usually avoid passing remarks on other people's pix, regardless of invitation, I feel compelled to add that it's all too sharp, devoid of atmosphere; clinical. As it is, a good opportunity that can still be saved in PS.

Also, annoyingly, I can't look at it as a complete image (on the iPad) without scrolling, which is a killer for picture integrity. A big one isn't often better than a smaller one. Lots of people seem to disagree, and ruin my viewing of their work by posting too big.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:40:55 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 11:49:23 am »

Also, annoyingly, I can't look at it as a complete image (on the iPad) without scrolling, which is a killer for picture integrity. A big one isn't often better than a smaller one. Lots of people seem to disagree, and ruin my viewing of their work by posting too big.

Sorry...

Tap and hold the thumbnail, then select "open in new tab" or some equivalent option. Not ideal, but still better than scrolling
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Telecaster

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

I post bigger than I used to 'cuz it forces browsers (mine anyway) to open the pics in a separate window. Don't like dragging images side to side to see 'em, though the separate window does often mean scrolling up & down. No ideal approach.

-Dave-

stamper

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 03:27:35 am »

Thanks for the feedback, food for thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up