Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going Off The Grid  (Read 995 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Going Off The Grid
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:00:33 am »

I'm going off the grid on a 9 days trip through Svalbard.  Articles are all set to go and I leave the site in Chris and Debra's capable hands while I am gone.  I return home July 3rd.  I'll enjoy the 4th of July holiday then hit the ground running on July 5th.  I have been literally going non-stop on the road since the beginning of June.  We had a great workshop in the Palouse with some fantastic photographers.  A story and video will be forthcoming. Then I flew to Wetzlar, Germany for the opening of Leica Park 3.  Lots of photos from that event will be posted when I get back.  Then I was off to Oslo, Norway and now Longyearbyen, Norway.  Had a terrific day yesterday photographing Pyramiden on Svalbard.  It's an abandoned Russian city a three-hour boat ride from Longyearbyen.  It's my fifth time there and I never tire of it.  I am prepping an article with a ton of photos of this incredible place.  Joining me was Peter Eastway fellow instructor on our workshop.  We're hoping for lots of Polar Bears, Walrus and Arctic fox along with some great landscapes.  Svalbard is a very surreal place.

Also, we have a photographer for our next masters series selected.  We'll start filming that segment this fall.

See you when i get back.

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

bgberlin01

Re: Going Off The Grid
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 12:47:04 pm »

Safe Travels Kevin!   Look forward to seeing your photos.

Jeff

Re: Going Off The Grid
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »

With today's lens announcement from Sony I wonder if Kevin has the A9 with the new 400mm f/2.8 to test ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up