Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Texico man  (Read 1130 times)

sjprg

The Texico man
« on: June 18, 2018, 08:02:24 pm »

What ever happened after the Texico man posed for Kevin's picture calling him creepy on a national forum is certainly a breach of Etiquette.
Paul

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: The Texico man
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:58 pm »

Can you elaborate? When, where, why - Texico or Texaco, which Kevin, and which forum?

sjprg

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »

Kevin's gallerys
Paul

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 02:36:36 am »

Not sure what you want to know.  There was this guy dressed up as a Texaco guy and an old restored Texaco station in Rosalia, WA in the Palouse.  The town is kind of creep as are most towns in the Palouse.  Nevertheless this guy was happy to pose and of course, tell us everything about everything.  Based on my short visit with the guy I'm sure there is a back story.  It was a fun shot though.   Oh, yes I messed around with it in several apps to make it look the way it does.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

sjprg

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:51:10 am »

He strikes me as an older man that has spent a laid back life in a country town with no idea of how big town attitudes are shaped. I've known several like him in my travels around the back country towns of the US. He has a quizzical smile as he tries to be accommodating to the visitor in his town and does not quite know what the visitor is wanting and why he is being asked to pose as he probably knows every person within a hundred miles. Creepy is a rather pejorative usage for this person shaped by big city experience.
Regards
Paul
Paul

Farmer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 03:46:59 pm »

But you think that characterising him as ignorant of how "the big city" works, as some sort of yokel, isn't pejorative?  FFS.
Phil Brown

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:58:49 pm »

I must apologize.  I never meant to insult the man.  He was actually quite nice.  Now for the town that is another story.  It was just one of those surreal towns with some very odd things in it.  So, let's call it Creepyville as the attendees on the workshop with me all agreed it was kind of creepy.  The Texaco man was actually quite nice and loved posing and telling us all about the station.  Never meant to insult him or degrade small towns.  If you ever get to the Palouse and stumble upon this town you may feel the same way though. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 04:29:28 pm »

I must apologize...

Thumbs up for that.

sjprg

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:30:07 pm »

Thumbs up for that.
Paul

Two23

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 09:55:11 pm »

I must apologize.  I never meant to insult the man.  He was actually quite nice.  Now for the town that is another story.  It was just one of those surreal towns with some very odd things in it.

Is this town anywhere near Twin Peaks?

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up