Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 corrupts print half way through.  (Read 2605 times)

ad9t

Epson P800 corrupts print half way through.
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:41:44 pm »

My dad is trying to make a print on canvas using his Epson P800. About half way through it starts printing garbage.

See the results here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LO2L3MWFkPYga5ldXlou0bNXtWvuF4M_

The printing is done from Lightroom. We have tried printing the same file on 4x6 paper and it works. Other files have printed out on paper close to this size.

Any ideas what caused this?

Jeff

Clark

Re: Epson P800 corrupts print half way through.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:06:08 am »

Are you printing over a wireless network?

I never had a print "corrupt" in this way, but I had several prints stop half way through when using wireless internet for large files.

First step I would recommend is use a wired connection to the printer to avoid communication issues.

ad9t

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:10:01 am »

The printer is connected by USB to the computer.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:52:24 am »

My dad is trying to make a print on canvas using his Epson P800. About half way through it starts printing garbage.

See the results here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LO2L3MWFkPYga5ldXlou0bNXtWvuF4M_

The printing is done from Lightroom. We have tried printing the same file on 4x6 paper and it works. Other files have printed out on paper close to this size.

Any ideas what caused this?

Jeff

It would seem that for some reason the printer driver is somehow picking up a "slice" of the image and repeating it along the rest of the print cycle.  The only thing I can think of at the moment is that there might still be another image residing in the print Queue that is interfering with the one you are trying to print.  Are you printing from Mac OS or Windows?  If Mac I can help perhaps.  Open the print Queue and check there.  It's rather unlikely, but one never knows.  Also, try using a different USB cable.  Sometimes the most obvious can be easily overlooked. 

Gary   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:24:24 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

pikeys

• My Pics
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:29 pm »

Jeff,
I went through this problem a few nights ago,I'm on a windows machine and I print with Qimage.
The print would start,very slowly,then pause ,then start again.
Another Qimage user walked me through ,what to do,,and seems I had 6 jobs listed in my printer file.

I then deleted all those jobs,rebooted qimage,& every thing was,OK

Hope this works for you??

Pikeys

ad9t

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:09:33 pm »

Computer is a Mac. Print queue is empty.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 07:41:04 pm »

Wa my first thought was that you were using wifi but you say it is USB.
Next would be how long is the USB cable? If more than 2m it needs to be a powered cable connected direct to the computer.
The other thing is how much memory and disk space do you have.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 08:50:43 pm »

Computer is a Mac. Print queue is empty.

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install both drivers (from Epson) again:
1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.
2. Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.
3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).
4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer, on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away. Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.
Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:32:17 pm »

on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away.

Sigh: my experience is that Apple's Bonjour (a service-discovery regime, for Windosistas out there who may not be familiar with the protocol) tends to cause more problems than it resolves.  It's a sucker-punch that often tricks the unwary user into using a suboptimal device driver.

Somebody opined a while back that Apple makes the difficult things too easy while Microsoft makes the easy things too difficult.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:26:05 pm by Chris Kern »

ad9t

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 06:10:19 am »

The computer has 16 GB of RAM and over 1TB of free disk space. Connection is with the USB cable that came with the printer.

I have a print on my desk that came off this printer / computer combination that has a printed area of 16 7/8” by 36”. This was printed several months ago.

The error happens with photo paper as well as canvas.

Reinstallling the drivers did not help.

Garnick

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:45:30 am »

The computer has 16 GB of RAM and over 1TB of free disk space. Connection is with the USB cable that came with the printer.

I have a print on my desk that came off this printer / computer combination that has a printed area of 16 7/8” by 36”. This was printed several months ago.

The error happens with photo paper as well as canvas.

Reinstallling the drivers did not help.

Hi again Jeff,

A few questions:

1. Are you absolutely certain that you trashed all pieces of the driver?  Andrew mentioned this in #2 of his reply, and it is very important that you follow that information.  Make sure you go to the Macintosh HD
    Library > Printers and trash the EPSON folder from there after deleting the driver(s) form SysPrefs > Print& Fax, also mentioned by Andrew.

2. I hadn't thought of the LFP Remote Panel, but I would think it's a good idea to trash that as well.  In other words, trash all remnants of the former driver.  Have you done that?

3. And now I will once again refer to Andrews reply (#4).  By all means, NEVER EVER install the AppleEpsonPrinterUpdate if you see that particular notification.  That issue reared its ugly head about 8 years ago
    when Apple and Epson were trying to play well together on an Apple update for Epson Desktop Printers as well as Apples generic scanning app - "Image Capture".  It quickly hit the forums, especially here in
    LuLa, that the Apple Update was wreaking havoc with Epson Pro Graphic(wide format) printers.  It took a rather long time to convince Apple to pull that update, but unfortunately it has resurfaced recently.
    Luckily, the information here on LuLa informed me early enough that I was never tempted to install that update, but there were quite a few folks who were affected in a very negative way.  Just thought I'd
    expand somewhat on Andrews warning, since it's something I had not thought of, and a very important piece of advice.

An Addition -  I just had a notification of an Apple Software Update ready to install.  I checked the App Store and sure enough it was the AppleEpsonPrinterUpdate.  It seems that they are pushing this
update more frequently recently.  However, I recall seeing it some time ago and indicated that I did not want to install that update, so recently when I check updates, if it is that particular one it shows for about
4 seconds and then disappears.  I had heard rumors that Apple had fixed the update to not effect the Epson Pro Graphic printers, but I've been very skeptical of that info, since a few folks have been caught recently with some very nasty results after installing that update.  Just another warning   

Gary       

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:59:59 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up