Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: David duChemin's Newest Book Offering  (Read 620 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
David duChemin's Newest Book Offering
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:58:27 am »

I have been a long-standing admirer of David duChemin's work and collector of his books. He is a very remarkable humanist and photographer, different from but very much in the tradition of Sebastiao Salgado. As I had bought a limited edition copy of his book "Seven", I was on the mailing list for his newest book titled "Pilgrims and Nomads", photos from Ethiopia and Northern Kenya - a project he explains was ten years in the making. This is also a signed edition limited to 500 copies, bound in quarter-leather and printed by Hemlock, one of the top-tier book printers in the industry. The book comes accompanied with an original signed photograph. It is 160 pages of duo-tones. An unusual feature of this offering is a PDF download of the contents immediately after purchase, as the book will take another month or so to ship. I have received my PDF, and having looked through it, I am eagerly anticipating the printed product, which I am confident will be a piece of art in its own right. More details are available here: Pilgrims and Nomads. This post is an unsolicited bit of information I wanted to share with the interested LuLa community now (the email arrived today), because I believe the book will sell out quickly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:02:59 am by Mark D Segal »
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: David duChemin's Newest Book Offering
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:08:40 pm »

Thanks for the heads up.
I have a lot of respect for both David duChemin and his work.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up