Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 44"ps Won't Read ICC Profile Target  (Read 647 times)

Jim Sanderson

Z3200 44"ps Won't Read ICC Profile Target
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:06:19 pm »

So any information would be helpful.  I want to profile a new paper.  I use the HP Printer Utility.  I set up the paper preset.  I feed the paper in.  (sheet paper)  The printer prints out the calibration Target and then reads the target without a problem.  New piece of paper goes in and the printer prints out the ICC profile target. Instead of letting the target dry and pulling it back in to read the target, the printer carriage just keeps going and feeding the rest of the sheet without printing anything until the paper falls out and the carriage just keeps going.  The paper is 17x22.  It's Canson Infinity Platine.  Canson does have a profile for the paper for this machine, but I wanted to do my own.  I have done so in the past about 2 years ago when I bought this printer.  (However, I used the APS software to do so)  The same thing happens on moab slickrock pearl sheet paper of the same size.  What's interesting is that profiling roll paper isn't a problem.  Any ideas? A trouble shooter told me it was the color sensor and that the color sensor is no longer available to purchase?  I know the Z9s just came out, but one would think that  parts would be available?

Damir

Re: Z3200 44"ps Won't Read ICC Profile Target
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:34:13 am »

So any information would be helpful.  I want to profile a new paper.  I use the HP Printer Utility.  I set up the paper preset.  I feed the paper in.  (sheet paper)  The printer prints out the calibration Target and then reads the target without a problem.  New piece of paper goes in and the printer prints out the ICC profile target. Instead of letting the target dry and pulling it back in to read the target, the printer carriage just keeps going and feeding the rest of the sheet without printing anything until the paper falls out and the carriage just keeps going.  The paper is 17x22.  It's Canson Infinity Platine.  Canson does have a profile for the paper for this machine, but I wanted to do my own.  I have done so in the past about 2 years ago when I bought this printer.  (However, I used the APS software to do so)  The same thing happens on moab slickrock pearl sheet paper of the same size.  What's interesting is that profiling roll paper isn't a problem.  Any ideas? A trouble shooter told me it was the color sensor and that the color sensor is no longer available to purchase?  I know the Z9s just came out, but one would think that  parts would be available?

It must be available, two months ago I replaced color sensor on Z3100. Same problem - not possible to scan ICC profile target.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: Z3200 44"ps Won't Read ICC Profile Target
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:43:50 pm »

It must be available, two months ago I replaced color sensor on Z3100. Same problem - not possible to scan ICC profile target.

They are out there - you just have to dig to find them.

Here's one on eBay:

Q5669-60684 Color sensor For HP Designjet Z2100 Z3100 Z3200 Z5200 Z6100 Z6200

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up