Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critique My Portfolio  (Read 573 times)

stevieisballer

Critique My Portfolio
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:51:23 pm »

Hello everyone!
I want to hear your feedback on my portfolio.  Please be honest, I am hoping to improve my skills.  It is easy to become blind to flaws as an artist because it is the work that I have created.
Thanks!
www.stephencrawfordphoto.com

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Critique My Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 04:22:28 am »

Hello everyone!
I want to hear your feedback on my portfolio.  Please be honest, I am hoping to improve my skills.  It is easy to become blind to flaws as an artist because it is the work that I have created.
Thanks!
www.stephencrawfordphoto.com

Hi Stephen, is it correct there are 9 picture in your portfolio at this moment? Where can I find more?

You have a good eye and your technical skills are ok.

Based on the few pictures, one thing you could work on: finding the main lines in your frame and putting them in the  best angle (horizontal, vertical or the correct angle)
(pe: the image of the waterfall and the couple in front of it: The main line in the picture could be the water fall, I would put this more vertical. Saying this, I don't mean you can not do different, bit in this image, I would put the waterfall more vertical or even better, find the imaginary vertical between the couple and waterfall and put that vertical, maybe the tree is the better vertical)

I would also pay a lot of attention on the balance in the different plans of your scenes. (foreground, background, mid plan )

A tip I got, and helped me a lot: turn the image on his head and see if it stays in balance and keeps it's visual appeal.

I hope it is of any help.

Succes

Ivo
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:33:30 am by Ivo_B »

stevieisballer

Re: Critique My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:04:21 pm »

Hi Stephen, is it correct there are 9 picture in your portfolio at this moment? Where can I find more?

You have a good eye and your technical skills are ok.

Based on the few pictures, one thing you could work on: finding the main lines in your frame and putting them in the  best angle (horizontal, vertical or the correct angle)
(pe: the image of the waterfall and the couple in front of it: The main line in the picture could be the water fall, I would put this more vertical. Saying this, I don't mean you can not do different, bit in this image, I would put the waterfall more vertical or even better, find the imaginary vertical between the couple and waterfall and put that vertical, maybe the tree is the better vertical)

I would also pay a lot of attention on the balance in the different plans of your scenes. (foreground, background, mid plan )

A tip I got, and helped me a lot: turn the image on his head and see if it stays in balance and keeps it's visual appeal.

I hope it is of any help.

Succes

Ivo
Thanks so much Ivo!
There are not many on my portfolio yet, but I am planning on putting more on there.  Here is my Flickr page if you want to check that out too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stephencrawford5/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up