Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery system for shoe flash (580EX)  (Read 1908 times)

Ozolins

Battery system for shoe flash (580EX)
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:59:53 pm »

Does any one have any experience/tips/suggestions for battery systems? and specific models?

I'm shooting a lot of bicycle racing among many other things, with my 30D and 580EX

I've heard of some problems with Quantums and Lumedynes, and I don't know a lot about anythingn else.

So what do you use? what model? In the end, what should I go buy now?

thanks! -Peter

stever

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:04:10 pm »

i've had a quantum turbo compact for more than a year and it has worked very well for me

really like being able to mount it to the bottom of my 20D for freedom of movement

don't use the quantum to power the camera as the camera battery lasts about as long as the quantum and can always be changed

re-charge also takes about as long as re-charging the camera battery

sjms

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:41:10 pm »

i have been using the DCB (digital camera battery) for about 5 years fairly consistantly. i'm on my second set of batteries for the pack which was also an upgrade from 30w to 40w. i am quite happy with the system. it powers both camera body and flash when necessary an it HV output recharges the flash in less then 2sec on a full output burst. shooting up close in auto and it just keeps going and going. in addition it can power many other devices as needed with the proper cables
http://www.pbase.com/crusader/image/39033286/large
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:43:56 pm by sjms »
Pages: [1]   Go Up