Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support Further Copyright Protection  (Read 1188 times)

JoeKitchen

Support Further Copyright Protection
« on: May 27, 2018, 12:13:31 pm »

Dear Fellow Image Creators,

As I am sure you know, it has become easier and easier to violate an artist's copyright in our digital world.  Images can be copied and reused without much, if any, decrease in quality and many for-profit companies in recent years have, without regard, used artists' works without seeking permission or issuing compensation.  It has gotten to the point where it is now difficult to find an image creator who has not had his/her copyright infringed on several occasions. 

I know this is often a topic of conversation when I attend events and meet-ups with fellow photographers. 

Unfortunately, for many artists, the cost associated with bringing a copyright suit, which has to be processed in federal court, is often too much to make it economically attractive.  So, many artists simply throw up their hands and walk away, awarding those companies.  On top of this, companies know this, use it to their advantage and even make it part of their cost saving procedures in acquiring images to use. 

In the coming weeks, the US congress is set to vote on Bill HR 3945 that would create a small claims tribunal within the US Copyright Office.  This small claims tribunal would make it easier for all image creators to seek compensation for violations to their copyright. 

If you are a professional making a living from photography, I ask that you consider voicing your support for this bill.  Below is a link where you can send an email to voice your support.  This link is being provide by the ASMP, but you do not need to be an ASMP member to utilize it. 

Voice Support for HR 3945

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Support Further Copyright Protection
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:27:32 pm »

I did, a month or so ago.

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Re: Support Further Copyright Protection
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:10:32 am »