Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Join the forum security questions  (Read 1138 times)

jasonru405

Join the forum security questions
« on: May 25, 2018, 11:30:09 pm »

I just joined and was very unhappy and a bit pissed off to have to spend half an hour phoning round to get the square root of 16. [a security question]  I'd like to ask what exactly is going on as ive Never seen such a weird security procedure to prevent spam etc

are the other four questions necessary too?. ive seen sites with perfectly effective and simple solutions to this problem. i suspect that the person who has put all this in place is having a bit fun with the very people who he relies on to make an active forum or he simply has not enough understanding of the security issue and how to deal with it

. i haven't looked yet but i suspect that because of this nonsense the forum will not be under used, which is a shame because it could be very useful ???

would like to hear what people think

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Join the forum security questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:43:44 pm »

The purpose of those questions is to weed out those who need half and hour of phoning around to figure out the square root of 16. 😉

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 02:34:34 am »

I knew the answer but it only took a few seconds to do an internet search on " square root of 16 "  ;)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 06:54:56 am »

This is our way to keep the robots and spammers out of this forum.  Everyone has to go through the questions.  They are very easy.  Come on everyone should know the square root of 16.  This is one of the most usedful forums and cleanest as far as spammers there is.  You'll come to appreciate it.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 07:48:27 am »

On-Line Calculator (just in case, Kevin)
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

jeremyrh

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 08:32:32 am »

I just joined and was very unhappy and a bit pissed off to have to spend half an hour phoning round to get the square root of 16. [a security question]  I'd like to ask what exactly is going on as ive Never seen such a weird security procedure to prevent spam etc

Maybe the questions should be made harder - the standard of debate in some areas might improve :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up