Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - A Conversation With Landscape Photographer Don Smith  (Read 1572 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

As I have mentioned before the Sony Kando event provided me an opportunity to sit down with a number of different photographers and have conversations about photography.  In this video, I had the chance to sit down with Don Smith.  Don has had an exemplary career in photography.  He originally started shooting for Sports Illustrated and then transitioned over to photographing landscapes. You can view the article and video HERE
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

dxhimages

Sony has indeed created some nice technology .....  however, enough Sony already.
Please, please, please return to POHTOGRAPHY & PRINTING. The brand of camera is a personal choice and rather irrelevant.  Time to get back on track.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com

Sony has indeed created some nice technology .....  however, enough Sony already.
Please, please, please return to POHTOGRAPHY & PRINTING. The brand of camera is a personal choice and rather irrelevant.  Time to get back on track.

First, thanks Kevin for another good interview, which prompted me to visit Don's website and enjoy/discover his wonderful landscape photos.

To the above poster, one simple visit to Don's website will show you that besides Sony, he uses Canon cameras and lenses too. But, as many other pros that need to use the best tools for landscape photography, Don has found that in 35mm format, Sony provides the best for him. Nothing new.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

Get past the fact that this was made at a Sony event as we did a lot for our reader's benefit.  Yes, these people we did talks with are Sony users.  But they have a story and if you visit their sites you may discover some very fine landscape photography.  It's not often I can get a half dozen interviews made at one time.  We have a lot of other content that is being worked on too.  IT has been a very hard few weeks for personal reasons and I have been glued to the desk writing and working on further pieces. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rory

• Recent images

That was a lovely interview Kevin.  I'm one of those wildlife guys waiting for the long glass...  Do you know if Sigma will be making a 500/4 Sport for the A7/A9 without adapters.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi

adias

On a 21min video the last 8 min are about Sony and mirrorless and how good that stuff is...

There is an interesting article on DPReview with a good perspective on mirrorless cameras for landscape, especially for those using telephotos, where the smaller body size becomes irrelevant. I agree!
Pages: [1]   Go Up