Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 779 times)

scullsold

Any ideas?
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:56:35 am »

I’m printing a 17X22 from Lightroom.  :o
I crop my image 17X22 and when I go to the margins in Print the bottom is .58 in. All the rest are .25, which I want as the default all around. The bottom won’t budge even though I try to type in .25.
Any ideas?  ???
Thanks  :P :P

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:01:36 am »

I can produce an even 0.25 inch border on the four sides by selecting "Sheet Maximum" in my paper size settings in Page Set-Up.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:30:18 am »

What printer are you using? My Canon Pro-4000 has a larger bottom margin when printing to cut sheets than rolls. It sounds like you may be encountering the same issue using cut sheets on a roll-optimized printer.

NAwlins_Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:39:05 am »

I’m printing a 17X22 from Lightroom.  :o
I crop my image 17X22 and when I go to the margins in Print the bottom is .58 in. All the rest are .25, which I want as the default all around. The bottom won’t budge even though I try to type in .25.

Generally printers have minimum margins, below which the margins cannot be reduced--unless (1) the printer has a borderless mode, (2) borderless mode is available for the size of paper on which you're printing, and (3) you turn on borderless printing. It may well be that 0.58 inch is the smallest bottom margin your printer offers for 17x22 inch paper. In Windows you have to select borderless mode in the printer driver. Maybe on a Mac you can select it in Lightroom itself--I don't know.

As Mark said, in the Lightroom Print module, if under Lightroom Templates you select Maximum Size, that will get the margins as small as they can be. If the printer is set to borderless, those will be 0, but otherwise they'll probably be as you reported.

Also remember that if you crop your image to 17x22 and then print with those borders--or even 0.25 inch borders all around--either a little of your image will get cropped out, or some extra white space will be added, because you've (slightly) changed the aspect ratio.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:38:41 am by NAwlins_Contrarian »

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 03:28:13 pm »

I was going to ask which model you have because this can be different between Epson, Canon and HP's print settings (surely between rolls and sheets as well).

Epson should do a borderless option either way where Canon won't do this on sheets and the space near the bottom will be greater than the top.  I'm not too familiar with HP sheets since we usually do rolls on their photo/poster models.  If you're trying to get .25" border all around, may need to make sure you have the ability to do "borderless" and this will allow the function of a proper thin border otherwise.  Not saying borderless will give you the .25" around, but if borderless is available, you should be able to type that in the side fields and make sure "center" is selected to measure it properly.

John Caldwell

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 04:59:28 pm »

Print default minimum margins are playing a role here likely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up