Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Stylus Pro 7800 Printer Driver v6.62 - please decipher  (Read 726 times)

deliberate1

Friends, I have a venerable 7800 which has had no upgrades for a very long time. So I checked out the Epson site and came across a 2016 printer driver installation (https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-Pro-7800/s/SPT_C594001UCM?review-filter=Windows+7+64-bit.) As there is no functional description, and given my hesitation to get into a core modification blind, I have not yet installed it. Perhaps some kind soul could describe to me what functions this would impact and whether it is a beneficial "upgrade."
Much obliged.
David

deliberate1

Re: Epson Stylus Pro 7800 Printer Driver v6.62 - please decipher
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 05:15:28 pm »

Friends,
I have since discovered that the update was simply to add more operating systems - ie: Windows 10.
Sorry to waste the band width.
D

Doug Gray

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:21:35 pm »

Friends,
I have since discovered that the update was simply to add more operating systems - ie: Windows 10.
Sorry to waste the band width.
D
Yep. Rather nice of them to keep it up to date considering how long the printer has been out of production. I have a 9800 and the thing just keeps chugging along.

deliberate1

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:14 am »

Doug, I could not agree more. I have been using the 7800 for more than 12 years. No muss. No fuss. No clogs. I keep wondering if there is another printer out there that makes a superior print, but have neither seen nor read anything that would lure me away. Ultimately, I suppose, the availability of ink/cutter head/waste tank may be an issue.  But that is when Ebay is your friend. Enjoy yours.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up