Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remembering Michael  (Read 3506 times)

Tony Jay

Re: Remembering Michael
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 08:56:00 pm »

Thinking of you, Kevin...

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 09:56:07 pm »

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.  My mom passed away Friday afternoon.  It's been kind of crazy since then, to say the least.  She passed peacefully and my brother and sister were there with me.  She was always worried my brother and sister and I wouldn't stay in touch with each other after she died.  We think she took her time to keep us together as long as she could.  Mission accomplished mom.

I plan to write a rant about my mom who was incredible in so many ways and without her encouragement and belief in me I wouldn't be doing what I am doing today.  A great example of how to be a great parent.

I'll be back in the office on Tuesday and switch to catch up mode.  A busy month or so coming up with a trip to Leica, a workshop in the Palouse and then Svalbard. Plus a few more On The Rocks episodes and numerous other articles and videos.  Sure feels good to have a lot to do. 

Thanks again for all of you who have reached out.  The LuLa community is really a great family in so many ways.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 04:30:57 am »

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words.  My mom passed away Friday afternoon.  It's been kind of crazy since then, to say the least.  She passed peacefully and my brother and sister were there with me.  She was always worried my brother and sister and I wouldn't stay in touch with each other after she died. We think she took her time to keep us together as long as she could.  Mission accomplished mom.

I plan to write a rant about my mom who was incredible in so many ways and without her encouragement and belief in me I wouldn't be doing what I am doing today.  A great example of how to be a great parent.

I'll be back in the office on Tuesday and switch to catch up mode.  A busy month or so coming up with a trip to Leica, a workshop in the Palouse and then Svalbard. Plus a few more On The Rocks episodes and numerous other articles and videos.  Sure feels good to have a lot to do. 

Thanks again for all of you who have reached out.  The LuLa community is really a great family in so many ways.

It's something that seems to be a particularly female preoccupation. I have known it, and found it a mixed blessing.

Please accept my condolences, and yes, get back into work mode as quickly as you can. It's the only solution that seems to work to ease emotional storm.

Best wishes - Rob C

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 04:47:08 am »

My most sincere condolences Kevin. I can easily imagine how tough that must be.

And yes, Michael remains very present in my thoughts and heart.

Kind regards,
Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up