Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set shortcut for PS  (Read 1363 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Set shortcut for PS
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:04 am »

Is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut for "Open with Photoshop" ? Can't seem to find it in the keyboard preferences screen. Thanks!

-Doug

charles.woodrich

Re: Set shortcut for PS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 09:52:40 pm »

If the process recipe is set to open with PS, the keyboard command would be command D.

TommyWeir

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:00:27 am »

You could set that using Keyboard Maestro.    I use it to fill in C1 where I need it, to add a new filled layer or a new correction layer say.  Useful tool - https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:05:22 pm »

Thanks guys - I'm looking for a way to do it on TIFFs I need to revisit for whatever reason, but without making a new file. But I'm on a PC.

TommyWeir

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »

So while you can do either of these
- right-click and choose Open with
- you can go to the menubar and choose File > Open With
Just checking the Edit Keyboard shortcuts window under the File menu, there's no listing for Open With.  I guess given that there's no way to say for certain what applications would be available on any given computer.   So bar a custom app on the PC side that does user-defined keyboard shortcuts to match your setup... there must be one.

myotis

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 12:10:17 pm »

Thanks guys - I'm looking for a way to do it on TIFFs I need to revisit for whatever reason, but without making a new file. But I'm on a PC.

When I used Windows, I use macro express for things like this. https://www.macros.com

A bit pricey, but there will be other Windows alternatives to Keyboard maestro for less.

But is it going to be that much quicker than using the right click "open with" option.  But I understand the desire for keyboard shortcuts :-)

Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up