Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPZ3200 Paper edge not detected during loading  (Read 564 times)

sharadn

HPZ3200 Paper edge not detected during loading
« on: May 15, 2018, 08:11:59 pm »

Thanks to the help I received on this forum I was able to successfully replace my spectrophotometer and resume making custom profiles. I now have a problem where the printer always cancels the paper load when loading roll paper. Sheet paper seems to load OK. I was not able to find any information on the web about this particular issue. Any input is appreciated.

Ernst Dinkla

Re: HPZ3200 Paper edge not detected during loading
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:08:08 am »

Thanks to the help I received on this forum I was able to successfully replace my spectrophotometer and resume making custom profiles. I now have a problem where the printer always cancels the paper load when loading roll paper. Sheet paper seems to load OK. I was not able to find any information on the web about this particular issue. Any input is appreciated.

In the insert slit for both rolls and sheets is a flip flop switch. For rolls it will be pushed in one direction by the leading edge of the paper, at the end of a roll it can flip upwards and indicate the end of the roll to the printer but that has no influence on loading rolls. With sheets it will also be pushed by the leading edge of the paper but when the sheet is transported further to measure its length the switch will flip up to  indicate the length of the sheet to the printer and will bend the other way when the sheet is transported back for printing. 

Most likely that switch is not properly functioning. Could be paper lint that blocks it or a bad contact inside or the connecting wires + connector having an issue. I never use the sheet loading tray so do not need to remove it. You beter do that and get on your back at the rear of the printer. Looking upwards there should be a thin wire + small connector at your right in the slit between the rear panel and the leg, disconnect it. Take off that lower rear panel below the paper insert slit, 4 torque screws. You can then pull it towards you. You will notice the small switch approximately 4 inches from the right side. Try whether it switches easily and stays straight afterwards. Etc. You can measure whether it makes/breaks the electric connections too.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:11:24 pm by Ernst Dinkla »

sharadn

Re: HPZ3200 Paper edge not detected during loading
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:22:30 pm »

OK. Thanks and I will check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up