Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B4 Freezes in XP . . . Need Help Please  (Read 3228 times)

Ricko

B4 Freezes in XP . . . Need Help Please
« on: October 05, 2006, 05:20:07 pm »

Hi all,

First off this is on Windows XP - P4 w/ 1 G ram.

I was using B3 fine and then removed it as required and installed B4.

It automatically imported (somehow?) the library I had in B3.  I was browsing around and clicked on the last tab which is, I think, Web.

It froze the system and I had to shut down by using the power switch.  When I rebooted and opened B4 again, it was at the exact place as before and froze the sys again.

So I uninstalled it.  I went to Adobe and downloaded B4 again.  I installed it again.

Guess what?  Yep.  When I opened the new download it was at the EXACT place were the previous copy was and FROZE AGAIN.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

picnic

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 06:32:44 pm »

Hi all,

First off this is on Windows XP - P4 w/ 1 G ram.

I was using B3 fine and then removed it as required and installed B4.

It automatically imported (somehow?) the library I had in B3.  I was browsing around and clicked on the last tab which is, I think, Web.

It froze the system and I had to shut down by using the power switch.  When I rebooted and opened B4 again, it was at the exact place as before and froze the sys again.

So I uninstalled it.  I went to Adobe and downloaded B4 again.  I installed it again.

Guess what?  Yep.  When I opened the new download it was at the EXACT place were the previous copy was and FROZE AGAIN.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79236\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've had it crash a number of times in the library module but no problems in the develop module.  No solutions for you but I'd suggest you go to the Adobe site for Lightroom and check for bugs and solutions--or report yours.  One of the bugs I had (importing a 'nested' folder and referencing from the drive) was a known bug and there was a temporary solution until they fix it.

Diane

Ricko

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:59:06 pm »

OK.  I got it.  Thanks, Diane!

I went to the Lightroom discussion group and saw something about deleting the folder where the library is stored.

I did a search, found mine and deleted it.  Then I removed and installed LR again.

Now it opens w/ no library.  Great!  Now I can simply (@!?#*!!?!) rebuild my library from scratch.

Thanks be that I only had a hundred or so files in there and wasn't counting on this!!!

Kinda scary ......

Ricko

picnic

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:38:41 am »

OK.  I got it.  Thanks, Diane!

I went to the Lightroom discussion group and saw something about deleting the folder where the library is stored.

I did a search, found mine and deleted it.  Then I removed and installed LR again.

Now it opens w/ no library.  Great!  Now I can simply (@!?#*!!?!) rebuild my library from scratch.

Thanks be that I only had a hundred or so files in there and wasn't counting on this!!!

Kinda scary ......

Ricko
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79261\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just remember that it is a beta---and 'they' have been cautioning to not use it for critical work--nor load all your shoots.  I've just been loading shoots to use for demo---altho' right now I'm finding that I'm doing 2 weeks worth of shots in Maine LOL.  I really do like the develop module.  

BTW--you are far better off to choose to reference the files/folders from where they are on your drives--tip from Michael Tapes.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up