Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Help?) File Size Error Printing on Z6800  (Read 678 times)

huynhthi870

(Help?) File Size Error Printing on Z6800
« on: May 12, 2018, 03:13:05 am »

Hi Everyone,

I am having a few prints done on the HP z6800. A couple of color shots (60x60 .PSD files) and a black and white one (60x90 .PSD File).

The Rep from the Print place told me he is running into Photoshop erros. Everytime he goes to print, he gets the same photoshop error, basically stating that the file is over 2GB's and photoshop can not handle files that big.

The original files are about 1.8GB but when they spool, they become larger and thus run into the error.

The files are the sizes listed above at 300 DPI and saved as PSD files.

The Rep is running Windows 7 and Photoshop CS6.

Does anyone have any solutions? Is there a work around?

I want to print the file's as close to the sizes above as possible without losing resolution. What is the point of a 60 inch printer if you cannot print that size?

Also, if anyone has a phone # for the HP-Z series printer support, that will be very helpful.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

Ernst Dinkla

Re: (Help?) File Size Error Printing on Z6800
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 06:29:58 am »

Start with a conversion to JPEG 100% quality (highest setting), 8 bit, layers flattened, color space assigned. The chances your printer driver handles 16 bit are low so little lost there. Photoshop's handling of big files to printer drivers is not the best around. Qimage One or Ultimate will do a better job. If there still are issues then resample the file to a lower resolution but with adequate resampling software. Which begs the question whether the 300PPI at 60x60" and 60x90" was not already upsampled to create that resolution. If so start with the original file in the JPEG fashion described above or a similar Tiff and let Q1 or QU do the resample job up to 300 PPI printer driver requested input. It will still create huge printer data but the program and driver will cope better.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up