Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom web gallery export question.  (Read 1070 times)

Justin

Lightroom web gallery export question.
« on: May 11, 2018, 04:24:46 pm »

Hi,

Could anyone help me solve the following issue please. I've trawled the web looking for answers but without any luck.

I'm using Abobe Lightroom 6 and I'm trying to upload a web gallery. I've tried uploading it directly using Lightroom but the status bar gets to about 50% and after several minutes I get a message saying: An error occurred sending the file: the connection to the server failed.
I've tried numerous times but without any luck so I thought instead of uploading it from Lightroom I would Export the web gallery to save on my computer and then use Filezilla  to upload it to my webspace. However, the exported web gallery creates several foldes, i.e. assets, css, js, libs containing various files. Then a couple of image folders, i.e. large and thumbnails. Which files is it that I actually need to upload to my webspace to create the Lightroom web gallery?? I've tried so many different combinations without any luck.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Lightroom web gallery export question.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:33:22 pm »

Could be a problem with specification of the path and permissions in Lr and on your site or with your webhost?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 02:10:11 am »

Which files is it that I actually need to upload to my webspace to create the Lightroom web gallery?? I've tried so many different combinations without any luck.
Everything. The easiest thing is to just move the whole folder LR creates onto your web space with Filezilla and you're done. Then just point people at that web address; www.<your domain name>/<lightroom folder name>/index.htm

Justin

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 05:00:37 pm »

Thanks for the advice Mark. That was my initial thought too but I noticed that the status bar in Lightroom's Web Gallery indicated that it made the connection (or words to that effect) and that it exported the images, but it seemed to just hang when it indicated it was building the website. I've not had much time on the computer today but I will look into it further over the next day or two and see if I discover any issues regarding the path and permissions, etc.

Rhossydd,
  Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not sure I tried uploading one specific folder. I tried uploading all the folders separately and also just the contents of the folders. I've got a feeling I didn't have, Create a Subfolder selected, hence the creation of several folders. I shall try again, hopefully tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up