Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Flextight X5 and firewire  (Read 1156 times)

hacimd

Hasselblad Flextight X5 and firewire
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:35:07 pm »

Hello,

Currently, our Flextight X5 has a 6 pin firewire 400 connection that I have connected via adaptor to a 9 pin firewire 800 port on an older Mac tower.  This computer is very old and we're looking to purchase a new mac.  Possibly a new iMac...?  Is there any reason why we couldn't purchase a different 6 pin firewire 400 adaptor that could connect to a USB3 or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)?  Is this a bad idea?  How are flextight users getting around the outdated firewire 400 ? Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Hasselblad Flextight X5 and firewire
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:18 pm »

Hello,

Currently, our Flextight X5 has a 6 pin firewire 400 connection that I have connected via adaptor to a 9 pin firewire 800 port on an older Mac tower.  This computer is very old and we're looking to purchase a new mac.  Possibly a new iMac...?  Is there any reason why we couldn't purchase a different 6 pin firewire 400 adaptor that could connect to a USB3 or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)?  Is this a bad idea?  How are flextight users getting around the outdated firewire 400 ? Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the X5, but I had an earlier Imacon scanner that effectively became a doorstop when Hasselblad stopped updating the software and it wouldn't run on any OS supported by modern hardware. The 4.5 addendum says this about compatibility:

"Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.2.1
Windows: Windows 2000 or XP"

No current OS's are mentioned.

Caution is advised when you decide on the specs for your new computer.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up