Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad lens problem  (Read 1429 times)

landscapephoto

Hasselblad lens problem
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:32:22 pm »

One of my Hasselblad H lenses AF stopped working. It is the lens: AF works with other lenses on the same body and this lens also does not AF on a different body. I tried cleaning the contacts, but it did not change anything.

The AF motor does not appear to work. When I use the camera to AF, there is a slight noise at the lens, but focus does not move.

The lens focusses manually. However, it did not act like the other lenses. The other lenses are free to turn after the end of the focussing range is reached. That lens is not, unless force is used. Then it gives unsympathetic noises...

H lenses are supposed to have an internal clutch for AF. Could that be the problem? Is that fixable?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Hasselblad lens problem
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »

I would have your Hasselblad dealer look at it.

Cheers,
Bernard

Joe Towner

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:26:32 pm »

Which lens?  It could be any number of things, but most likely it'll need a tech to look at it.
t: @PNWMF

landscapephoto

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:59:42 am »

It is the 100mm, a rather old version. I can certainly send it to be repaired, but the repair is likely to cost as much as the lens is worth, so I am looking for another option first. Did anyone see the inside focussing system on this kind of lenses?

Joe Towner

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 11:10:26 am »

If it's just the motor/clutch stuck then it shouldn't be that much, like a few hundred.  Does the shutter work?  Call the service center in your area, a price sheet from 2016 said a focus mechanism overhall is 210Euro - http://static.hasselblad.com/2016/06/Service-charges-1-6-2016.pdf
t: @PNWMF

landscapephoto

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 11:22:24 am »

Yes, the shutter works. Indeed the focus unit overhaul appears affordable. Probably, I will just send it in, thank you.

rem

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 02:56:44 am »

I had this too with my 35-90mm. After the AF motor repair it works fine again. A few days later the 100mm shutter was broken. Now everything is working perfect. I had also a lot of dust between the 100mm lenses, they cleaned that also. Rem
Pages: [1]   Go Up